Color Changing After Opening with Wacom Stylus Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
dmceachern

Color Changing After Opening with Wacom Stylus

Post by dmceachern »

After the latest update, after first opening TVPaint, my Wacom stylus causes the color to switch to blue. It doesn’t occur when I click around with my mouse. Is there any way to disable this or is this a bug somewhere? I’m on a 2019 MacBook Pro 15 inch, with the latest version of Big Sur, TVPaint Pro, and a Cintiq 22. Thanks!
Matthieu
Site Admin

Re: Color Changing After Opening with Wacom Stylus

Post by Matthieu »

Hello,

Could you please post a screenshot of your issue? Which version of the Wacom drivers are you using?

Thank you.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

dmceachern wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 05:39 After the latest update, after first opening TVPaint, my Wacom stylus causes the color to switch to blue. It doesn’t occur when I click around with my mouse. Is there any way to disable this or is this a bug somewhere? I’m on a 2019 MacBook Pro 15 inch, with the latest version of Big Sur, TVPaint Pro, and a Cintiq 22. Thanks!
TVPaint has one set of settings per device, and restores the device settings when the device is detected.
Your mouse has a different device ID than your stylus, so it's expected. So to me, it's not a bug ! but we may add an option to ignore the mouse.
dmceachern

Post by dmceachern »

I'm currently using Wacom driver 6.3.44-1. I assume its some sort of Wacom device ID thing, but the color always changes to a blue color. It would be fine if it changed to the last used color with the stylus. You can see what happens in the video. At the beginning I've just opened TV Paint, then I use my stylus and the color wheel flips to blue. After that I can change the color and things work fine until the next time I start TVPaint.
colorwheel_change.mov
(654.84 KiB) Downloaded 489 times
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

dmceachern wrote: 03 Sep 2021, 20:59 I'm currently using Wacom driver 6.3.44-1. I assume its some sort of Wacom device ID thing, but the color always changes to a blue color. It would be fine if it changed to the last used color with the stylus. You can see what happens in the video. At the beginning I've just opened TV Paint, then I use my stylus and the color wheel flips to blue. After that I can change the color and things work fine until the next time I start TVPaint. colorwheel_change.mov
So I did some tests this morning, with two different tablets and a mouse together. Indeed there are some circumstances where the device settings are not restored as they should. This will be fixed in the next release (to come by the end of october).

In the meantime please go to Preferences > General, and uncheck both of these :
Capture d’écran_2021-09-06_12-57-30.png
Capture d’écran_2021-09-06_12-57-30.png (6.06 KiB) Viewed 9751 times
(note : TVPaint is supposed to restore the tool settings, even after being closed and restarted)
dmceachern

Post by dmceachern »

Awesome, thanks! I'll try that.
dmceachern

Post by dmceachern »

Just to let you know, for troubleshooting things, I discovered that neither one of those preferences were checked for me, but when I enabled 'the pen eraser is a freehand eraser' the color switching ceased and everything is working as expected. Thanks again for your help.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

weird :?
dmceachern

Post by dmceachern »

Sorry to bring this up again, but after updating to 11.5.3, it appears the issue has returned and none of the settings mentioned before seem to have an effect for me.