Question about Clips in Standard version Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Lukas

Question about Clips in Standard version

Post by Lukas »

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to create multiple clips and play them with the Debut version or is it only possible to play 1 clip at a time?

Thanks!
Lukas
  • Club Baboo
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.2
  • macOS Ventura 13.4.1 & Windows 10
  • Cintiq 27QHD
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: Question about Clips in Standard version

Post by Thierry »

Hi Lukas,

You can create multiple clips with the Standard Edition, but you can only play them one at a time.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Thanks, guess I need the pro version then as storyboarding with clips is what I use most.

Is there a way to deactivate a device remotely? I'm really glad the dongle is gone. But because of covid working at home versus at the studio has become unpredictable so it would be nice to switch the license without needing access to the other computer.
  • Club Baboo
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.2
  • Cintiq 27QHD
Tylos

Post by Tylos »

I make storybord in one long clip and later l split to many clips(even if i have pro version)

For deactivation.... I use chrome remote desktop. It’s free and easy to use if you have google acount. Whit this remote screen is posible to deactivate software if needed or do other stuff...
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

Tylos wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 19:05I make storybord in one long clip and later l split to many clips(even if i have pro version)
Yeah most people I know don't use clips at all when storyboarding, but I prefer using clips in the process because I keep most stuff separated on layers (with BGs on 'hold') and wouldn't want a single clip with many many layers that I need to shift around everytime I want to extend or shorten a shot. I did have to script prev/next shortcuts that skip to previous/next clip when you go past the first/last frame of the current clip and it makes boarding with clips very intuitive. Without those shortcuts I'd probably not use clips for boarding at all. I also export a folder structure and production chart by script based clip order and names. So we can jump right into production. (If the first clip is called "Intro" a shots folder will be created with "001_Intro" in it etc).
Tylos wrote: 10 Jan 2022, 19:05For deactivation.... I use chrome remote desktop. It’s free and easy to use if you have google acount. Whit this remote screen is posible to deactivate software if needed or do other stuff...
Thanks for the tip, that's a good solution when it works. I do have remote access and will use it when I can, but it requires computers to be on at all times.
  • Club Baboo
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.2
  • Cintiq 27QHD