discussion locked? Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Joost

discussion locked?

Post by Joost »

Hi there,

I was reading a discussion ChristopherC had started about a lag in TVPaint while working on higher resolutions on a Retina display.
May I ask why the topic was locked? Now nobody can react on it. Also people who might have a solution for ChristopherC are not able to react...

I think he asked an important question there. "does somebody know a workaround method to fix it?".

If I understood correctly it was locked because the TVP team already tried to fix this "Mac issue", without success.
When reading the comments it looked like you just gave up trying to fix it? Or did I misunderstood this?

I personally never work on bigger projects, so I don't have this issue. But I think it might be an important topic to at least keep open for reactions.

Or maybe I just misread the whole situation. In that case, feel free to delete my question :)
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Xavier

Re: discussion locked?

Post by Xavier »

Hello Joost, before asking a question, it is advised to search the forum in case there is already a discussion. The lag on Retina has been discussed many times like here for instance, we try to avoid redundant new messages in general. We often see users posting mutliple times about the same issue in different places and prefer to have just one thread centralizing different users with the same problem, otherwise it could seem that an issue is way more spread than it really is, changing its priority on the fix list.

Animation is a world of emergency and we have to choose what is the most urgent too when fixing stuff :P I will edit my response on the other thread so it is less ambiguous.
Joost

Re: discussion locked?

Post by Joost »

Ok, I understand the situation better now :)

thanks
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1