right click - set exposure value disabled on the last instance

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
skomdra

right click - set exposure value disabled on the last instance

Post by skomdra »

Is this normal? That my set exposure value on the right click menu is disabled? When I am on the last instance, it grays out. But not always. Sometimes, for some strange reason, it starts to work. Is there any explanation for that? Why would it even be disabled, on the animation layer?
Thanks
-----
TV Paint 11.5.3 Windows 10
slowtiger

Re: right click - set exposure value disabled on the last instance

Post by slowtiger »

Check if maybe the out marker is at the same frame.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

The Set Exposure has been broken/changed at some point. (I would like to see it fixed to go back to the way it worked previously.)

Previously, on a single frame (instance) you could simply right-click on it and select Set Exposure to enter the number of frames you want to expose that instance on the timeline.

What has been changed is that now you can not Set Exposure on a single instance (exposed for only one frame) , the instance must be exposed for at least two frames on the timeline , then the Set Exposure function in the menu will be enabled. Why ? I have no idea. :( It worked fine the way it was before and I see no good reason to change it.

Set Exposure Function is Broken.jpg

My workaround has been to assign a shortcut key for Set Exposure , so when I want to Set Exposure on a single instance I hit my shortcut key to bring up the Set Exposure box. But now that's adding yet another shortcut key to the long list I have to remember. I would rather have the original functionality of the Set Exposure restored to the right-click menu.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
skomdra

Post by skomdra »

I also think it is broken and it has nothing to do with the out marker. So I am not the only one. Maybe it is a bug. In my case, only happens, so far, on the last instance in the layer.
-----
TV Paint 11.5.3 Windows 10
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Try this: start a new project and you have just a single frame/instance. Now right click on it and try to set exposure. You’ll notice it’s grayed out and you can’t set exposure. Now manually drag the handle to extend that instance by one frame and then click on the second frame of the instance and now you’ll see set exposure is active again. In previous versions of TVPaint you could just click on the single instance and set exposure was active. It’s not technically a bug because that change was made intentionally, but to me it is something that used to work better and now feels "broken".

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1