Rehosting your dongleless license Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Matthieu
Site Admin

Rehosting your dongleless license

Post by Matthieu »

Hello everyone!

Here is a short video tutorial to follow if you want to rehost your dongleless TVPaint license. This will allow you to deactivate your license from your machine and activate it on another computer.
The process is the same regardless of your operating system.

If you prefer to read, you can follow this page of our online documentation to rehost your dongleless TVPaint license: rehost your license

If you are encountering issues with the rehosting process despite following those resources, please contact us through this form so we can help you!
Soom

Re: Rehosting your dongleless license

Post by Soom »

this is easy, however it would be such a help if we could rehost licenses without logging into the previous machine...
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hi Soom, maybe we didn't evoke this when we met at MIFA, but we are working towards a truly remote rehosting system :)
I can't give you a release date yet, but great progress has been made recently.
Probably a vampire
Soom

Post by Soom »

Dean wrote: 27 Jun 2022, 07:14 Hi Soom, maybe we didn't evoke this when we met at MIFA, but we are working towards a truly remote rehosting system :)
I can't give you a release date yet, but great progress has been made recently.
haha, no worries, you had enough stuff to have a headache from me :)
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Today I updated my work computer from an aging Macbook Pro (late 2013, running Mojave) to a Mac Mini (2018) with 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM, running MacOS Monterey 12.4.

The rehosting of my WIBU license went very smoothly , no problems.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
daninski

Post by daninski »

Hi, this page isn't working like it used to to me,. It's taking me to all sorts of downloading receipts pages, and when I follow it nothing happens. Says "this is not a receipt". I'm on a deadline so solutions would be handy...
http://www.daninski.com
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello Daninski, the license receipt upload thing is not used by TVPaint.
If what you see on the License Depot page differs from the instructions' screenshots, please make sure that Codemeter is installed and running, try clearing your browser's cache or using another one, since some addons can block Codemeter components. Rebooting your computer can help too, especially if you just installed the Codemeter driver.
Probably a vampire
daninski

Post by daninski »

It's the same page it's sending me to on both computers. If I go to the license page I've been using since I went dongle-less it doesn't give me the option to deactivate. It has a message about uncompleted transfer now, and no license available. The codemeter says there's a license running and active on the computer, and TVPaint opens on it at least. I just need it on the bog computer now.

I've been transferring the license between these computers for ages with no problem. I haven't changed anything...
Award winning director with an iMac from about 2013 and a cintiq from about 2009, there's some RAM too.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

I checked in our database and apparently the license hadn't been completely deactivated. I finished its deactivation remotely.
When a license is marked as "not completed" on the License Depot after activation or deactivation, one needs to go to the "My Licenses" section of the License Depot page and click the "Continue License Transfer" button.
This is quite a rare occurence and generally happens when some Codemeter components are blocked by a browser addon or antivirus or if a short internet outage occurs during the license transfer.
Probably a vampire
daninski

Post by daninski »

Ok, so now it's completed on the computer. Thanks, but now it doesn't give me the simple way to deactivate the license on this computer and reactivate it on the other. I have to download, generate and upload act the receipt every time...

Can I get the old simple checkbox method back?
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

As mentioned in my previous post, TVPaint shouldn't request a license file for you to activate, so the issue might be elsewhere. I am contacting you for a Teamviewer session now ;)
Probably a vampire
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Can someone please help me.
i have an issue,
my license is activated but i get a "tvpaint license error" panel popping up when i try to start up.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello Peter, I just sent you an email
Probably a vampire
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Yes, All is fixed. thanks a bunch Dean!
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
daninski

Post by daninski »

Dean wrote: 02 Nov 2022, 07:47 As mentioned in my previous post, TVPaint shouldn't request a license file for you to activate, so the issue might be elsewhere. I am contacting you for a Teamviewer session now ;)
Hi Dean,

My project is done now so I'm free to see if we can fix the problem. I'll DM you my email address...