MacOS - Instant crash when saving / auto-saving Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
ChristopherC

MacOS - Instant crash when saving / auto-saving

Post by ChristopherC »

Hello, Recently Updated to the new 1.7 TVPaint and found that without fail the software crashes instantly when a save occurs, happening while the software is idle also. Tried re-starting, re-installing, saving a new blank project, checking the activity monitor (nothing out of the ordinary compared to the previous version).

Running on MacOS Monterey 12.5.1, Mac Studio (2022), TVPaint 1.7 Dongle-Less Version.

Besides the crashing every time a save happens, it looks like a really good update with some nice quality of life improvements, i'm a big fan of the instance handle changes, seeing empty layers in the timeline and undo working with opacity. still hoping the brush lag / jagged lines in 4k issues get resolved eventually!
Xavier

Re: MacOS - Instant crash when saving / auto-saving

Post by Xavier »

ChristopherC wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 03:57 Hello, Recently Updated to the new 1.7 TVPaint and found that without fail the software crashes instantly when a save occurs, happening while the software is idle also. Tried re-starting, re-installing, saving a new blank project, checking the activity monitor (nothing out of the ordinary compared to the previous version).

Running on MacOS Monterey 12.5.1, Mac Studio (2022), TVPaint 1.7 Dongle-Less Version.

Besides the crashing every time a save happens, it looks like a really good update with some nice quality of life improvements, i'm a big fan of the instance handle changes, seeing empty layers in the timeline and undo working with opacity. still hoping the brush lag / jagged lines in 4k issues get resolved eventually!
Hi, have you tried with blank settings ? go to your Library folder, backup every folder which starts with tvp, then remove them and please retry. Thanks :?
Matthieu
Site Admin

Post by Matthieu »

Hi Christopher,

Would it be possible for you to try saving a new project with a fresh configuration? Please do the following to reset TVPaint's configuration:
  1. Click on the “Finder” icon
  2. On the top bar, there’s a menu called “Go”. Click on it while holding your “option” (alt) key: you should then see a “Library” folder in the list. Click on it.
  3. Search for a folder called “tvp animation 11 [pro]”
  4. Then, search for a subfolder called "default". Copy and paste the "config.ini" file present in this "default" folder in another location. Then, delete the remaining "config.ini" file in the "default" folder.
  5. Restart TVPaint
Matthieu
Site Admin

Post by Matthieu »

Xavier had the same idea but was a little faster than me ;-)
ChristopherC

Post by ChristopherC »

Yes that seems to have stopped the save crashes! thank you both 🙏
Chrgebe

Post by Chrgebe »

Worked for me as well. I am using a M1 Pro with Monterey OS 12.6. I had the same problem with TVPaint crashing on saves and undo's. Thank you :)