Set Mark In and Out

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Mads Juul

Set Mark In and Out

Post by Mads Juul »

Is it possible to

-assign "Set Mark In" And "Set Mark Out" to keystrokes?

- Set "Set Mark In" And "Set Mark Out" With George Script?

-make the Preview play fom current frame as default?(not the flip function)

-mads
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

Hi Mads,
Sorry but it is not possible for now.
Ex TVPaint Team
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Ok maybe a feature request?

then it maybe also could be nice if you visualle could se the mark in and out in the timeline, and not only in the remote control window

-mads
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

I have added this in the features list of the next version.
Ex TVPaint Team
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

cool :-)

.mads
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

Mads,
You can do the same by having a selection.

If you have a selection and you hit Play, only the selected frames will be played.
Ex TVPaint Team
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Ok the only problem is that i´m working on a 3 minutes storyboard so I would range In lets say 20 sekonds at a time and work and play those file

but I cant keep the selection because Im also using the selection to copy images all the time

hmm
but I could set an in point and out pont wtih the tv_witeprojectstring

and then mmake a script which sets the selection to this

-mads
kabecio

Re: Set Mark In and Out

Post by kabecio »

WHEN I TRY TO PLAY THE SOUND THAT I JUST IMPORTED/LOADED - A POP UP MENU APPEARS THAT SAYS "MARK IN=MARK OUT!" AND IT PREVENTS ALL ACTION. WHEN I PUT A MARK IN AT THE BEGINNING OF THE TIMELINE AND DRAG THE ANIMATION LAYER TO THE END WHERE THE AUDIO ENDS AND PUT A MARK OUT THERE, WHEN I RETURN TO THE BEGINNING AND PRESS PLAY THE SAME POP UP MENU APPEARS RESTRICTING EVERYTHING. WHY????
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

kabecio wrote: 10 Apr 2022, 03:19 WHEN I TRY TO PLAY THE SOUND THAT I JUST IMPORTED/LOADED - A POP UP MENU APPEARS THAT SAYS "MARK IN=MARK OUT!" AND IT PREVENTS ALL ACTION. WHEN I PUT A MARK IN AT THE BEGINNING OF THE TIMELINE AND DRAG THE ANIMATION LAYER TO THE END WHERE THE AUDIO ENDS AND PUT A MARK OUT THERE, WHEN I RETURN TO THE BEGINNING AND PRESS PLAY THE SAME POP UP MENU APPEARS RESTRICTING EVERYTHING. WHY????
Could you post some screen shots of what your TVPaint interface with the soundtrack loaded looks like ? Maybe I can help you.

Where are you loading the sound from ? From the Project Menu or from the Load a Soundtrack button just above the Timeline ?
Have a look at the user manual - https://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index ... -add-audio
and this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9YPERoRcps

Loading from the Project Menu ? -
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 9.08.24 PM.jpg

Or from the Timeline button for "Load a Soundtrack" ? -
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 9.07.26 PM.jpg
(click image to view larger)

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
kabecio

Post by kabecio »

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY! IM HAPPY TO SAY THAT I FINALLY WORKED IT OUT AND USED IT SUCCESSFULLY ALREADY. BUT IM ALSO SORRY TO SAY THAT I CANT REMEMBER WHAT I HAD DONE WRONG OR WHAT I HAD FINALY DONE RIGHT and THATS NOT HELPFUL TO OTHERS AND NEXT TIME I'LL WRITE IT DOWN - I PROMISE. (Sorry for the all caps.) Still, that message terminology Mark IN=Mark OUT remains somewhat of a mystery. I may have put an IN at the beginning and I think now that TV Paint doesn't work like that, unlike Premiere, After Effects, Audition, et al. Maybe that message meant "hey your IN and your OUT are the same because the IN is ALREADY there". In selecting that IN point as an an IN I was in effect, deselecting it. I was selecting a point at the beginning and thinking of it as the IN but I was actually making it the OUT by selecting it. So when I tried to add an OUT- it was actually a second OUT. Mark In=Mark Out is perhaps its a Francais way of saying it.
Does that make sense?
Last edited by kabecio on 20 Apr 2022, 00:31, edited 1 time in total.
kabecio

LOAD SOUND & LOAD SOUND

Post by kabecio »

As far as LOAD SOUND goes - does it truly matter which place you select it from ? and why on earth would you do that? Why
kabecio

TV PAINT

Post by kabecio »

Never the less, TV PAINT ROCKS! LOVING IT MORE all the time...and just upgraded to Pro today.
D.T. Nethery

Re: LOAD SOUND & LOAD SOUND

Post by D.T. Nethery »

kabecio wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 23:14 As far as LOAD SOUND goes - does it truly matter which place you select it from ?
There is a difference. One way is loading a soundtrack that is a Master Track which spans the entire Project.
The other way is for loading soundtracks that are for specific Clips.

See screenshots:

Loading Sound from Project Menu.jpg

If you load sound from the Project menu , the soundtrack can only be edited within the Project View , not in the Clip View:
In Project View edit the soundtrack.jpg

But if you load sound from the little icon in the Clip Timeline view it allows you to edit the soundtrack (Duplicate, Split, Delete track) from within the Clip.

Load Sound from Clip Timeline.jpg

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1