running Mirage plugins in TVPaint ?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Patrice wrote:Hi,
I think the simpliest way to know how to make it work with TVP Animation is to ask the authors of the BOM. You should ask them on the Bauhaus Software forum.
Since the litigation is solved, they should answer you. They always supports this product.

Regards,
Patrice
Well, I suppose .... but who knows how that would go over on the BHS forum ?

It's not a huge issue to me ... I was just curious whether the plug-in could be adapted to work in TVP since it was made for "Mirage 1.5 and above" and Mirage 1.5 was in effect "TVP 7.5" .

I guess from what you're saying that TVPaint Development Co. had no input on the BOM plug-in ? I must have had the chronology of events confused in my memory . I thought BOM was in development before the split of BHS and TVP Development Co.

Ok. well, I'm sorry if bringing it up here was a sore point because of the recent litigation. :oops: I thought it might just be a simple thing to change some lines of code to make the old Mirage plug-ins work and I wondered if anyone knew how to do that . All my old .mir files open in TVP with no problem by just changing the .mir to .tvp , so I thought maybe there was as simple a way to make the Mirage plug-in .bin files load and work with TVP.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
cartoonM!ke

Post by cartoonM!ke »

Hey DT, my post actually got a reply and isn't deleted...and I'm not banned.

So there may be hope. After all, if Alien Skin can make it as a Plug-in maker for Photoshop, then there's no reason why BH can't do the same with TVPaint.

BUt then, dammit Jim, I'm an artist, not a MBA... :lol:
I don't want it all --
Where would I put it?
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

D.T. Nethery wrote:... All my old .mir files open in TVP with no problem by just changing the .mir to .tvp , ...
I've never needed so far to change the extentions, all my .mir files load directly in tvpa,
maybe it's different with Mac vs PC ... :?
guitartist

Post by guitartist »

cartoonMike,

I'm guessing that even though you got a reply, you never got an answer re: setting up Mirage plugins in TVP? And now they make it quite clear when you attempt to access the Bauhaus forum that they are no longer providing support for Mirage.

Perhaps now with the mass migration of other Mirage users to the TVP forums someone will figure out how to use these plugins with TVP.
cartoonM!ke

Post by cartoonM!ke »

Guitartist,

I don't think it'll be that simple. I did get the impression that B-haus would not be at all pleased if their plugins would be modified to work with TVP. And, really, the Animator's Toolbar, Board O Matic, etc... is their intellectual property and if they say no to using it with TVP, then I must respect their wishes.

In other words, yes, I did get a reply and the above is basically the gist of it.
I don't want it all --
Where would I put it?
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

cartoonM!ke wrote:Guitartist,

I don't think it'll be that simple. I did get the impression that B-haus would not be at all pleased if their plugins would be modified to work with TVP. And, really, the Animator's Toolbar, Board O Matic, etc... is their intellectual property and if they say no to using it with TVP, then I must respect their wishes.

In other words, yes, I did get a reply and the above is basically the gist of it.
Yes, that's the impression I got , too.

Animator's Toolbar isn't a big deal: from what I can tell all the main functions in Animators Toolbar are already in TVPaint , but in different locations. It would have been nice to have had it all in that handy little toolbar, but no big loss ...
With a little bit of messing around I could make my own Custom Toolbar that would do the trick.

Board-O-Matic - personally, I never really used it that much anyway , so again for me no big loss, but I was curious to see if it could be coaxed into loading up in TVP. I have my own layers-based system of boarding with TVP , so not having Board-O-Matic doesn't bother me. I just like to tinker with stuff. If anyone does figure out how to get it working in TVP I'd be interested to hear about it.

cartoonM!ke

Post by cartoonM!ke »

I went to the b-haus website and found out a few things,

the forum is dead (like that's news) and when I clicked on the board o matic link, I got a web page (http://www.bauhaussoftware.com/products_BOM2_LP.php) that says that Bauhaus has sold all Mirage software to TVPaint and that if users need support, etc, they should contact TVPaint.

So, are BOM, Animator's Toolbox, etc going to be converted to george and TVP 8.5?
I don't want it all --
Where would I put it?
Nicolas R

Post by Nicolas R »

The forum seems to have been closed in the evening, you're right.

Although TVPaint is the unique owner of all the intellectual properties related to the Mirage program, the Animator Toolbar and Board-0-matic will remain Bauhaus' property.

That means that these plugins will not be ported 'as is' on the current TVPaint programs.
That doesn't mean for example that there won't ever be any storyboard tool for the TVPaint products, but if there is one someday, it might not be this one eventually.

Anyway I don't know where you found that old link Mike but some of the old pages can still be reached, that's weird. :roll:
cartoonM!ke

Post by cartoonM!ke »

I got to that page by clicking on the BOM icon in the b-haus Products web page. The page seems to be an page from the disconnected forum, as my B-haus name and info is there. The page, and the way I got to it indicates that Board O Matic has been sold to TVPaint, as the links from the Animator's toolbox and the other plugins go to other pages.

Go figure.

I think that this is just the pattern of the dust settling, and once it's all settled, then things will be clear.
I don't want it all --
Where would I put it?
fanany

Post by fanany »

Nicolas wrote:... the Animator Toolbar and Board-0-matic will remain Bauhaus' property.

That means that these plugins will not be ported 'as is' on the current TVPaint programs.
I've asked for the possibility to use BOM with TVPA, here's their answer :
Thank you for your inquiry. I'm afraid the reply may not help much, however.

The original (free) Boardomatic software might work with TVP products, or it may require some minor tweaking (having never so much as looked at a TVP demo, I'm not sure.)

The more recent (and more powerful BOM2) is only compatible with Mirage. There are no plans to extend support to external applications. At present, neither of the legacy products is being distributed. Rather, a more powerful version (likely to appear as a standalone program) is in development. I can't speculate as to a release date.

--
Bauhaus Software Support
amazing how now TVPA became an "external application" of/for BOM2 ! :lol: :lol:
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

cartoonM!ke wrote:I went to the b-haus website and found out a few things,

the forum is dead (like that's news) and when I clicked on the board o matic link, I got a web page
( http://www.bauhaussoftware.com/products_BOM2_LP.php ) that says that Bauhaus has sold all Mirage software to TVPaint and that if users need support, etc, they should contact TVPaint.

It's all gone now: the BOM2 page you found yesterday, as well as the user forums, the gallery , the whole site is gone.
Attachments
Bauhaus_Is_Gone.jpg
Bauhaus_Is_Gone.jpg (65.27 KiB) Viewed 31516 times

fanany

Post by fanany »

the Animations, User Stories and DemoReel links still work.

though I can't figure who will want to be part of their next demo reel now! :roll:
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

the whole site is gone.
The big reset button in the sky.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
cartoonM!ke

Post by cartoonM!ke »

Here's the screen cap of the page I mentioned last night.

So what next?
Attachments
12986-9 fg0514.jpg
I don't want it all --
Where would I put it?