Looking for some students

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
stiletto

Looking for some students

Post by stiletto »

Hey, we all know that TVPaint is a pretty awesome program, but a little expensive for those of us with the more limited income (i.e. students). TVPaint is of course kind enough to sell non-limited educational versions, which while significantly cheaper than the full version, are still pricey. The 5-seats version takes care of this, making the price very reasonable when split amongst 5 people.

...of course, the problem is finding 4 more people who want to do it. Most other students I've asked only want really cheap 2d animating programs or 3d ones. So, I thought I'd propose it to the TVPaint forums, any students around here who want to get together and get a 5-seats version? We get 5 dongles and one CD, which we're allowed to make 4 copies of.

Edit: Oh yes, I'm referring to TVPaint Pro, for clarification.
oliveuk

Post by oliveuk »

I am up for it but I am not sure it works this way.
stiletto

Post by stiletto »

You mean you think everyone has to be together in the same place? I'm not sure either, but I sent them an e-mail about it and it seems at least worth trying.

You happen to know of any other students? Still need three more.
sury rony

Post by sury rony »

hello students.
send me an email with the details
suryrony@gmail.com
stiletto

Post by stiletto »

Sent you an e-mail...

And oliveuk, your e-mail is dutruc@hotmail.com, right?
oliveuk

Post by oliveuk »

right
stiletto

Post by stiletto »

Still need two more students. Anymore out there? Got to be two somewhere on the planet.
Prekk

Post by Prekk »

Dang....I'd be interested but arent there restrictions ?

If so, what are the missing features ?
stiletto

Post by stiletto »

No missing features, no restrictions. It's just like a full version, you just need to be a student to get it. The only difference is the CD. We get 5 dongles and one CD, which we're allowed to make 4 more copies of, so the CD you get will be a burned version. It will still be 100% legal and a full version of TVPaint though.

Still interested?
Prekk

Post by Prekk »

Heck yes !

How do I prove my "studency?" (hope this word exists :()

Oh and I live in Canada, is it problematic?
stiletto

Post by stiletto »

Nope, Canada actually makes it easier because it all has to be sent to one place. My being in the US means that that it's cheaper for me to send you your dongle and CD.

To prove your student status you would either need to scan/fax your student ID, or a letter from your school saying you're a student there.

Do you have an e-mail that I can contact you with?

If everyone is still for going forward with this, that means we only need one more person.
Prekk

Post by Prekk »

lefaquin@gmail.com

Heh....that's one short post.
stiletto

Post by stiletto »

Okay, awesome.

One more, just need one more, and then we can all start consorting to get the software.

This is working out better then I thought. But still, people saying on a forum post that they'd like to do it and actually paying are two different things.
Prekk

Post by Prekk »

Wow that's amazing...1 400$ was too expensive for me but now i can get it for about 300 bucks...amazing.

At school we will use TB Harmony and, even if I'm proud of my country's technology, bitmap is much more interesting than vector IMO.

Now show yourself, you remaining student !
Prekk

Post by Prekk »

Mmh...Could this thread be sticky for a while ?
We could find another guy more easily since threads can go down quickly...