Flood Fill Question

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Anim8tor Cathy

Flood Fill Question

Post by Anim8tor Cathy »

I've gone through the manual and searched on line but can't find a fix for this.

The Flood Fill puts a bob of color over my outline, not stopping at the barrier pixels. There are no gaps. I'm sure this is just a simple switch I am not setting right, but can not figure it out. Trial and error has not produced an answer either. I'd be very grateful to anyone who can help with this.

-Cathy
Manuel

Re: Flood Fill Question

Post by Manuel »

If the color goes to far, you must decrease the Expand parameter, in the Filling Shape window.
If the color only scratches the inner pixels of your outline, use the FloodFill in Behind mode.

Usually, use FloodFill with Expand=1 in behind mode, if your outlines are thin black lines.

You should take a little time to test all the fill option.
Tip : Try also negatives value for Expand and use smooth : the color will faint at the border.
Last edited by Manuel on 19 May 2008, 13:24, edited 1 time in total.
Manuel
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

what's yours custom settings in the Filling Shape panel ?
Anim8tor Cathy

Post by Anim8tor Cathy »

Manuel wrote:If the color goes to far, you must decrease the Expand parameter, in the Filling Shape window.
If the color only scratches the inner pixels of your outline, use the FloodFill in Behind mode.

Usually, use FloodFill with Expand=1 in behind mode, if your outlines are thin black lines.

You should take a little time to test all the fill option.
Tip : Try also negatives value for Expand and use smooth : the color will faint at the border.
I had the Expand set to 0.
I'll post a pic of what this looks like when I get home tonight. Perhaps someone will recognise what's going on.
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

if not the Expend value, it could be the Smooth value, (smoothing being added outside the boundary marks).
Anim8tor Cathy

Post by Anim8tor Cathy »

Well (she said laughing) I don't know what happened - but it's working fine this evening!
So - never mind.