TVP 8.6.1 dual Monitor Mac OS 10.5.3 issues

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
cartoonM!ke

TVP 8.6.1 dual Monitor Mac OS 10.5.3 issues

Post by cartoonM!ke »

The problem I'm having is that TVP used to open up with its single window interface across both of my monitors. Recently (Around 8.5.1 or so) TVP stopped this desired behavior. Now after I get through the start window (where I'm asked to select a template -- even though I've double clicked on a TVP file) TVP opens up to my main monitor and I have to stretch it over to my second monitor, and usually after that I have to re arrange my palettes that are on the second monitor.

I've tried to create a new configuration, but this behavior seems to persist. So, how do I open TVPaint so the single window covers both monitors?

Any clues?

Thanks
Mike
I don't want it all --
Where would I put it?
Paul Fierlinger

Re: TVP 8.6.1 dual Monitor Mac OS 10.5.3 issues

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

I have these problems pop up once in awhile with all my apps. It's the graphics card. If you have Nvidia for instance, you have to redit and save the individual applications settings.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
cartoonM!ke

Post by cartoonM!ke »

Thanks for the reply, Paul. I have an ATI Radeon X1900 card with 512 mb of vRam. My mac is an intel 3Ghz dual core Xeon running Mac OS X 10.5.3. There's nothing to configure on the Video card.

The Video Card is a new one (same make model, etc as the original one), and the OS has updated its drivers with the OS updates. Can't seem to find the preference file for TVP, I'll keep looking, maybe a reinstall would help.
I don't want it all --
Where would I put it?
cartoonM!ke

Post by cartoonM!ke »

Thanks to Paul, who got my mind working, the TVP window now covers both windows on startup (after dismissing the new document dialog box, which still appears after double clicking a TVP document from the finder).

What Paul said about editing and redoing the individual application settings, got me thinking-- I finally found the TVPaint prefs folder, and I deleted both of the system.ini files (from users/library/TVP Animation/ system.ini and users/library/TVP animation/ default/ system.ini) and restarted TVP. Once I got into the single window for TVP, I stretched it across both monitors and positioned my palettes the way I want 'em, doodled in a new file and saved it. I quit TVP and in the confirmation dialog, I made sure that "save this configuration" was checked (it always is, in any case).

Then I restarted TVP twice and each time the single window opened across both monitors as I set it up to do.

Happy happy

joy-joy!
I don't want it all --
Where would I put it?
Paul Fierlinger

Well, I'm glad I inspired you but the Mac universe is Greek to me.
Paul
fiddle

Re: TVP 9 dual Monitor Mac OS 10.5.6 issue

Post by fiddle »

I have just switched from using the PC version Mirage Pro to Mac 10.5.6. I am now using TVP9 Pro.

I would like to be able to work on dual monitors with my drawing and various tools on one monitor, all my timeline windows on the second monitor. I can drag the whole window to the second monitor but I don't seem to be able to detach the timeline section only and move it over. The only thing I want on the second monitor is the timeline window.

Hard to believe this is really an issue.

Thanks.
Hervé
Site Admin

Re: TVP 9 dual Monitor Mac OS 10.5.6 issue

Post by Hervé »

fiddle wrote:I have just switched from using the PC version Mirage Pro to Mac 10.5.6. I am now using TVP9 Pro.
I would like to be able to work on dual monitors with my drawing and various tools on one monitor, all my timeline windows on the second monitor. I can drag the whole window to the second monitor but I don't seem to be able to detach the timeline section only and move it over. The only thing I want on the second monitor is the timeline window.
Hi Fiddle,
you can change the timeline setting to Vertical in the preference panel.
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
Paul Fierlinger

Try double clicking on top bar of layer panel to reposition it.
Paul
fiddle

Post by fiddle »

Perfect.
I just knew this was not an issue.
Thank you.