tvp9 standard> no x-sheet-why?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
cresshead

Post by cresshead »

i'm rather disapointed that the standard version of tvpaint 9 will not have an xsheet...for such a basic animation tool to be missing
in the next version is irritating to say the least when i'd have to spend over £500 just to get that single feature...i'm totally not interested in the fx
side of tvp 9 pro as i already have combustion for effects compositing so tvp9 pro has nothing for me except x sheet.

we'll see how many think this is a step to far in splitting tv paint features up into 2 products.

flipbook and toon boom studio have x sheets why not the standard version of tv paint?
cresshead

Re: tvp9 standard> no x-sheet-why?

Post by cresshead »

you can of course hold frames with click dragging on a frame in the timeline in the standard version of 8.5 ,still having an option of x sheet would be preferable even at a small additional cost to standard..maybe a "standard +" option?
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

cresshead wrote:tvp9 standard> no x-sheet-why?
TVP 8 standard did not have an xsheet either,
TVP 8 Pro And 9 Pro have. There is no change in this choice.

if you have a studio you can choose to have one or two pro versions and a bunch of standard versions for the animators/colorists.
if you are a one man studio i'd say always get the pro version.

TVP has to make choices in the feature combinations, i think they have already put in a great many in the standard version, it is very feature rich.
Unfortunately for you the xsheet is not part of it. :(
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Im working at a studio where we are making a animated feature in TVPaint and we are Not using the xsheet

so I wouldn´t consider the xsheet as an important feature. but that depends of cause of your needs.

We have choosen the Pro version because of the Scripting Language George which enables us to consumize our pipeline. and in the new version the multitrack audio is a feature I find
very importent, and is the reason why we choose pro

-mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
cresshead

Post by cresshead »

it think the simple workflow of click>dragging frames on the timeline to extend their duration we have in standard version should okay in most cases i guess.

i maybe misunderstanding the usefulness od xsheet probably...of course i come from a 3d animation app background so we use a dopesheet