Shall I buy TVPaint 9 Pro?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Alan

Shall I buy TVPaint 9 Pro?

Post by Alan »

Please can you answer a few questions for me?

I'm trying out the demo version. I can import a brush of say 6 frames of video but as soon as I place it in a layer of say 30 frames it promptly freezes with the hour glass and needs exiting saying program not responding. I have the same problem if I import a short video sequence to a new layer. Is this a demo restriction, or do I have a set up problem? I know you cannot save a project; what other restrictions may apply?

My other question relates to my computer. It has 4Gig ram. Quad core 2.4 something. 500 GB HDD. The mother board is Intel and uses the on board graphics. Do I need a separate graphics card? What limitations will I find with my computer.

If I buy do I get a dongle or is it a release code. If a dongle can I move between computers?

Cheers Alan
Fabrice

Re: Shall I buy TVPaint 9 Pro?

Post by Fabrice »

Alan wrote:Please can you answer a few questions for me?
Sure Alan, you are welcome :)
I'm trying out the demo version. I can import a brush of say 6 frames of video but as soon as I place it in a layer of say 30 frames it promptly freezes with the hour glass and needs exiting saying program not responding. I have the same problem if I import a short video sequence to a new layer. Is this a demo restriction, or do I have a set up problem? I know you cannot save a project; what other restrictions may apply?
It should not happen. Did you check the preload option in the import panel, as well as the mark in and mark out ? (I will post a screenshot)
My other question relates to my computer. It has 4Gig ram. Quad core 2.4 something. 500 GB HDD. The mother board is Intel and uses the on board graphics. Do I need a separate graphics card? What limitations will I find with my computer.
You don't need any special graphic card. TVP Animation will take the full advantage of your current configuration, especially the quad core. :)
If I buy do I get a dongle or is it a release code. If a dongle can I move between computers?
Yes, you will get an USB dongle. You will then be able to install TVP Animation on any computer (Mac or PC) and able to use it only on the computer which holds the dongle.
Fabrice Debarge
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

here are more visual explanations :

Btw, if your file is not too big, maybe can you send it to us ?
Attachments
Alan.jpg
Fabrice Debarge
Alan

Post by Alan »

Thanks for the help, importing video no problem now.
I'm trying to import sound now, It's a CD I have recorded, TVPaint tells me it can't open the file. I've tried transferring it to a file in the computer with the same result.
Looking on the PDF instructions It shows the master track. How do I open that up if that is the problem?

Another question is there a limit to the length of project I can do, or is it down to HDD capacity and very long rendering times?

Cheers Alan.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Hi Alan !

The master track is a little hide :D
timeline.png
timeline.png (17.64 KiB) Viewed 12316 times
timeline_master_notes.png
timeline_master_notes.png (43.98 KiB) Viewed 12314 times
The white zone above allows to write notes for animation and for dubbing. By the way, don't hesitate to see the video tutorial made by Mark Chong about this =)

Don't forget sound has to be converted into Wave ou Mp3 in order to be read with TVP Animation. You cannot use a sound directly from an audio CD.
Alan wrote:Another question is there a limit to the length of project I can do, or is it down to HDD capacity and very long rendering times?
The more your HDD will have memory, the more you could create long and heavy project.
Alan

Post by Alan »

Thanks very much,

I did not realize it had to Wav. I'm enjoying my explorations.

Alan
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

You are welcome !

Don't hesitate if you have other questions :D