Import \ Export Blender 3D data?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
cheetomation

Import \ Export Blender 3D data?

Post by cheetomation »

It would be great to be able to use blender 3D data inside TVP...

Also, a suggestion for the multi-plane camera. Support Z rotation ala Aftereffects . .
True 3d rotation for the camera in multiplane mode.. is this in the works?
Attachments
3d.jpg
3d.jpg (17.3 KiB) Viewed 14026 times
TVPaint
Site Admin

Re: Import \ Export Blender 3D data?

Post by TVPaint »

cheetomation wrote:It would be great to be able to use blender 3D data inside TVP...

Also, a suggestion for the multi-plane camera. Support Z rotation ala Aftereffects . .
True 3d rotation for the camera in multiplane mode.. is this in the works?

Hi Cheetomation,
You talk about a 3D model that you can put in any position you want in order to draw it in 2D ? or do you want to edit the textures directly ?

Also the multiplane camera has never been supposed to support rotation since this effect is a digital emulation of a real multiplane camera . So the camera is static and only the planes are moving.
cheetomation

Post by cheetomation »

Well, in any case.. rotation of the camera would be nice, since it adds some element of 'surprise' to a camera move.

Sure it isn't like a traditional camera move, but if it's possible to do it, why not have it in the program?

I have done some very subtle 'turns' in after effects in 3d / 2d space that lend quite a unique quality to things. Even if it isn't about being one hundred percent true to what a traditional multiplane can do.

Isn't TVP about going beyond the ordinary? Why not use that extra axis? Even MOHO can do it.'

It would be great to be able to use blender scene data inside TVPaint. For motion tracking, etc.

Imagine if you are working in Blender, and you make a 3d scene.. texture maps, everything.. you then want to add some multiplane and 2d animation effects.

It would be nice to load your whole scene from blender inside TVPaint as an effect. Seeing both your blender scene animating away, and your tvpaint data as well.

I don't know, but I imagine some sort of great marriage between the fantastic open source Blender, and TVP...

Ideas?

At any rate.. rotation in the multiplane camera would keep me away from after effects..

Please add this one feature!
:)
cheetomation

Blender3D inside TVP

Post by cheetomation »

.. another thought, what if you could load camera & scene data from Blender into TVP?

Imagine drawing 2D animation directly into a 3D scene.. .