TVP Animation 9.5 on Linux

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Elodie

TVP Animation 9.5 on Linux

Post by Elodie »

TVPaint Développement is pleased to announce you the availability of TVP Animation 9.5 Professional Edition open Beta on Linux.

Please read in first several details concerning this Beta version befor download it :

-This Beta version can be used on Linux Ubuntu 32 and 64 bits with x86 processors (Pentium 4, Athlon XP and higher).
-This Beta version can be used until September 15th 2010.
-This Beta version contains the same features available on the official Mac and PC versions but may have bugs.
- TVPaint Développement won't support this Beta version. However, feel free to let us know your feelings about the software on this forum.
-This Beta version authorizes saves and exports, but you are not allow to use this Beta version for lucrative aims.
-This Beta version must not be installed into schools (secondary school, high-school, universities, academies...)

In order to download the Beta version of TVP Animation 9.5 Professional Edition, please click on this link and fill the form.

The TVPaint Team
d_rylander

Re: TVP Animation 9.5 on Linux

Post by d_rylander »

I got super excited there is a Linux beta of TVPaint so I immediately registered for a download.
I can't find the download though. I got the link to download page but there is no beta download there, just;
* an update
* a trial version
* the manuals
* Content and examples
So where can I find the actual download?

Thanks,
-David
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

hi David, and welcome!

isn't this link working for you (the form to fill and to send back) ?
http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/artic ... hp?lang=EN
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I've edited my first post while I add the Linux menu in the website :D
d_rylander

Post by d_rylander »

I managed to download it on my work machine (Ubuntu 8.10, 64-bit) but there's still no download link to the beta when trying with my laptop (Ubuntu 9.04, 64-bit, tablet-PC).
Anyway, I got it and are very happy to beta-test the build.

Where are your bug-tracker? -or do you have any other preferred way to recieve bug-reports?
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

You should receive the link by email, so check your email box and spam box :D
Where are your bug-tracker? -or do you have any other preferred way to recieve bug-reports?
Well, you can report them on this thread. If I see there are many feedback, I will create a topic dedicated to Linux =)
d_rylander

Post by d_rylander »

Elodie wrote:...
Well, you can report them on this thread. If I see there are many feedback, I will create a topic dedicated to Linux =)
Alright, could get a little messy with reporting bugs into a single thread but here we go. (Wouldn't it be good with a bug report forum section?)

Transformation tools, small issues.
The Transform tool is called "Position" in the menu and Warp is called "Wrap".
In the panning tool the wrap option is called "warp".
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

d_rylander wrote: The Transform tool is called "Position" in the menu and Warp is called "Wrap".
In the panning tool the wrap option is called "warp".
:wink: old one: http://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic. ... rap#p16207
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

d_rylander wrote:
Elodie wrote:...
Alright, could get a little messy with reporting bugs into a single thread but here we go. (Wouldn't it be good with a bug report forum section?)
As you seem an active Linux user, I've just created the forum. So I lock this one :D