I'm impressed

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
MichaelT

I'm impressed

Post by MichaelT »

Just wanted to post my compliments to the TV Paint team.

I tested a lot of sketching/drawing programs in the past few weeks to see what's out there and what's best or my needs.
I currently don't do any animations just sketching and drawing, usually first on paper, then scanning and finishing on a Cintiq 12 (which I got at less than half the new price, it was just luck).

I'll probably buy TV Paint because (in my opinion and after my tests) it has the best drawing engine of all the programs I tested (Artrage, Painter, Sketchbook Pro). I always try to like Painter and it is a great program but it's just sad how many bugs and quirks you have to accept, and it gets incredibly slow when you work at higher resolutions/sizes.

Can't afford the Pro version right now and probably have to stick with standard (and will miss layer blending, puhuhuhuhuh....)

Michael
Byron

Re: I'm impressed

Post by Byron »

I agree - TVP has the best most natural feeling drawing engine. One other thing in it's favour (there are many) is the great support you can get at this forum too.
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

Michael, it's nice of you to write a post simply to compliment.

I agree, TVP has the most responsive, versatile brush engine around. And I know it will get better and better.

did you get to check some of the brushes already made by different users?
you can find many of them here, although this list is not updated with the most recent around.
people post brushes constantly, so check 'em.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Hi Michael,

Thank you from the TVPaint team for your nice words and your compliment, it's like a breath of fraish air in a world where people are more proned to make reproaches than congratulate your work =)
MichaelT wrote: Can't afford the Pro version right now and probably have to stick with standard (and will miss layer blending, puhuhuhuhuh....)
Don't worry, if you want to upgrade later from the Standard to the Pro, you will only pay the difference between both versions =)

If you have any question, feel free to ask ^^
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Thank you from the TVPaint team for your nice words and your compliment, it's like a breath of fraish air in a world where people are more proned to make reproaches than congratulate your work =)
Nownow... We are not that bad, are we...?
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Hahaha ^^

Don't worry, I didn't think about someone in particular, you are all kind =)
But sometimes, we fall on people who are always negative, and it can be very exhausting to do everything you can to help those persons, who finally only complain... =/

So, each compliment, even a very short one like a simple "thanks guys", is always comforting for us. =)
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Ah, that's good to know. :D

Just for the record, I am very very happy with TVP! Even though I tend to point out a lot of stuff and place comments and suggestions for improvements to try to make working in it more comfortable, the truth is I find it already extremely comfortable animating with TVP. I found the learning curve a little steep, but after a short while it was just wonderful to work with. Especially with the help of this forum where I've picked many trick's and ideas to make the software work more to my personal preferences.

So thank you, guys!
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

You are very welcome. Help TVP users and provide them a tool they appreciate is a real pleasure :D

Thank you to thank us :mrgreen:
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

If you all like creating TVP as much as we like using it....then it's a win-win all around. It's like a good marriage...still in love after all these years.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
Jesoped

Post by Jesoped »

Why not create a forum topic entitled : How Much I Love TVP! ... I honestly think I would post a subject more or less daily. ; )

Jesper
chatbraque

Post by chatbraque »

I'm getting (very slowly) more and more used to it…
… TVP IS GREAT !… and now I know (or I can feel) how It will bring more and more satisfaction to me…

It's just a matter of being clever and finding more time to work on it… that' why this software looks "pro" to me… tricky access,
but it is worth spending time on it)

… and guess what… I asked for a function, and only a few days after, I'm playing with it ! :shock: :D ?!
(unbelievable!)

Congratulations/félicitations… bravo et merci.
hilere

Post by hilere »

I started working with TVP about 4 months ago, and almost every day I'm impressed more and more about the possibillities , options, service,....
TVP is really growing on me. Never had this with a soft before. TVP is not a soft...it's becoming a way of living! The way this forum works and is followed up by the TVP team makes you really feel part of the team yourself.
… and guess what… I asked for a function, and only a few days after, I'm playing with it ! ?!
(unbelievable!)

Try this with Photoshop, to name one. I think they wil have a big laugh.

So in my turn I also want to give my BIG SUPERCONGRATS! to the TVP team for their nice work. Thanks.
artfx

Post by artfx »

I probably don't say enough in praise of TVPaint, but I think it is pretty clear I probably wouldn't have much of a career were it not for TVPaint. I can't imagine doing some of the projects I did in the past without this tool. It would have been a nightmare, such that I probably would have quit.

The new stuff I'm doing is even better, and is possible because of TVPaint. I don't even want to think about all the separate tools I might need, and would have to learn, to try to achieve the same thing otherwise.
Terrence Walker
MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
MacOS Monterey Version 12.6.2
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Intel Iris Graphics 6100
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Thank you all for your kind words. They really make us feel good. Be sure we will always try to do our best to satisfy you with TVP =)