Flip the images of an Animation layer

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Dieter

Flip the images of an Animation layer

Post by Dieter »

I am new in this forum and beginner in tvpaint. So I have still a lot to learn. I am trying the features of tvpaint 9.5.16 by means of the tvp manual. But now and then the manual is not helpful enough.
So in the case of the Flip option of the layer menu, as discribed in lesson 4-11, which changes the sequence of images in the layer to the opposite order.
The manual says: "(This option) ... is only available in the layer menu after having selected the images to be flipped in an animation layer of your choice."
I did so, the images were selected (yellow bar underneath the layer), but the Flip option is not to be found in the layer menu.

Is this feature omitted in the new software version? Otherwise, I would be pleased about your help to find out, what I am doing wrong.

Of course, I could get the same result by doubling the length of the layer with the ping-pong option and then cutting the first part. But I would like to use the direct method.

Dieter
Elodie

Re: Flip the images of an Animation layer

Post by Elodie »

Hi Dieter, welcome in the TVPaint Community !

The user guide was written 2 years ago. Since TVP Animation 9.0, there were many updates and details which changed.

When you select your frames, you simply have to click on the "play" button, on the remote, in order to play only your selection :
remoteplay.gif
remoteplay.gif (4.2 KiB) Viewed 12595 times
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Or maybe do you simply want to reverse the order of your selected images ?

In that case, you simply have to right click (after selecting your images) and open the floating menu => click at the bottom, on the feature "reverse selected frames"
Dieter

Post by Dieter »

Hi Elodie,

Yes, my problem was reversing the images, and your tip was the right one!
I am surprised to get immediate help in this forum.
Thank you very much!

Dieter
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

Dieter wrote:I am surprised to get immediate help in this forum.
I guess since you're new here you couldn't know this, but quick response by TVP staff and users has always been the strongest feature of TVPaint. I personally haven't come across a more responsive software forum.