A slightly different blue

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Byron

A slightly different blue

Post by Byron »

I've read THIS post (and thread) and I understand why the selective erase buttons are limited to the colours they are. However, I wondered if it would be possible for me to create a custom 'Erase Blue' button that would erase only the pixels from my custom blue pencil, which is R82 G169 B202.

I've copied the Erase Blue button, and noted the script command therein, but have no idea how to represent the RGB colour in the script - or even if that's what I should be doing.
ZigOtto

Re: A slightly different blue

Post by ZigOtto »

what other color(s) are you using when usually sketching,
( color(s) that you want to keep preserved, = no-eraseable with the blue-eraser ) ?
black, orange, red, ... pink ...? :mrgreen:
Byron

Post by Byron »

Just black mainly - although sometimes it would be useful to maintain orange too.
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

well, as you may know, all the sketch panel's tools are working all together, I mean, when you change one, you have to modify near all the others,
f.i., in your case, changing the blue pencil will involve many other changes : blue-eraser, erase all blue (blue cross), erase all orange (blue and black preserved), orange-eraser (blue and black preserved), etc...

anyway, here's an attempt to make the "blue" tools of the sketch panel working with your "custom-blue" pencil (tvpx file),
btw, what tvpa version are you running ? (I hope you have the last update). :)
the 2 eraser tools should preserve the black, red and orange, (even if probably not perfect).
Attachments
ByronBlue_SP.tvpx
(227.5 KiB) Downloaded 711 times
Byron

Post by Byron »

Wow! Thanks ZigOtto - that's brilliant! Works perfectly. This all started after I tried the NKS3 Natural Media plugin for a certain other program - I liked working with the the blue sketching pencil from that so much that I tried to create one just like it in TVP. Now I have all the tools to go with it. Excellent.

Thanks again. :D :D :D
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

Byron wrote:... a certain other program ...
:mrgreen: :wink: