TVPAINT ANIMATION 10 : Pre-order now !

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Paul Fierlinger

Re: TVPAINT ANIMATION 10 : Pre-order now !

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

The topic had kind of dwindled to a halt anyway. Yes, of course, you can select exactly what you want and don't (and change your mind about anything at any time.) For some reason video files are considered different by all these services. Carbonite makes you manually select which video files you want backed up (which included TVP) -- another service boasts that you don't have to do that. I followed the recommendations of the New York Times' guru geek, Pogue, who picked Carbonite as the best -- mostly I believe because there is no limit to amount backed up. I found Carbonite's software very easy to follow. BTW I did have to call them once (they are in Boston) and they were great. This was in the middle of the night and they have 24 hour personal help with no charge. The guy went into my computer (with my permission) and picked all sorts of other files on my C drive he thought I should have backed up.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
BenEcosse

Post by BenEcosse »

This definately sounds like a good service for freelancers working from home on larger projects...takes away that fear of lost files!
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

I used to keep all my film negatives and original audio recordings at home as well during the era of film and it never occurred to me once how vulnerable and exposed to all kinds of elements they were. Something about the way digital data can vanish in a single click makes me think of the physical harm that can come to original materials as well.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I've just split your conversation about P-Palette and color mixers in the Feature request topic : viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5285" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't hesitate and continue to give your ideas ! =D

I focus the conversation about TVPaint 10 and show you the "correction panel" :
correction panel.png
correction panel.png (6.74 KiB) Viewed 24979 times
The correction panel is very useful for teachers or professional in studios to correct files. You have :
• a button to load a project
• a button to create a new layer
• a red penbrush to wirte corrections
• an export button

Not a big feature, but as it was frequently asked (in particular from teachers), we added it in the v.10 =)
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

nb : if you load an animation in a .xxx format, the save button will save using the new internal .AVI format.
Fabrice Debarge
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Fabrice wrote:
slowtiger wrote:Any changes in system requirements (for Mac)? Does v10 still work on OS 10.4.11 on PPC?
On Mac : OS 10.5 will be a minimum requirement.

Windows XP Vista and 7 are sill working with TVPaint Animation 10. (maybe Windows 2000 too, but it has not been tested)
hmmm, slight change :
If you can actually run TVPaint Animation 9.5 on your MAC OS 10.4 you should be able to run TVPaint Animation 10 on the same computer but in 32 bits only.
Fabrice Debarge
Shanytc

Post by Shanytc »

w0000t very nice guys!!!
1100 euro?! eek :)
would be cool to see what's new! hopefully adding vector in it (that will finally break the japanese softwares like celsys retas pro!)
- CEO & Founder at AnimDesk 2D Animation Studio -
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Shanytc wrote:w0000t very nice guys!!!
would be cool to see what's new! hopefully adding vector in it (that will finally break the japanese softwares like celsys retas pro!)
No vector tools, it's still raster/bitmap only software.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
Shanytc

Post by Shanytc »

idragosani wrote:
Shanytc wrote:w0000t very nice guys!!!
No vector tools, it's still raster/bitmap only software.
yeah that's too bad! i really think its time to give those japs a run for their money!!!! :) that should bring tvpaint a really awesome boost in the market,or is it?
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Shanytc wrote:
idragosani wrote: No vector tools, it's still raster/bitmap only software.
yeah that's too bad! i really think its time to give those japs a run for their money!!!! :) that should bring tvpaint a really awesome boost in the market,or is it?
Nooo... I'd say ToonBoom is already in competition with Retas, wouldn't you? I want TVPaint to stay bitmap, there are already enough vector animation apps out there.

BTW, given there is a Japanese langauge forum on this site, I'd say it's already gotten the attention of some Japanese animators
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

idragosani wrote: BTW, given there is a Japanese langauge forum on this site, I'd say it's already gotten the attention of some Japanese animators
That is it :)

By the way ...
Everyone please be careful about epidemic of Influenza.
I was troubled by heat for 8 days.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

ten_zero wrote:Everyone please be careful about epidemic of Influenza.
I was troubled by heat for 8 days.
Thank you for taking care of our health , Ten_Zero. =)
Shanytc wrote:1100 euro?! eek :)
Prices did not change since 2006 (when TVPaint 8 was released) but the cost of living did : fuel, food, electricity... everything is much more expensive than 5 years ago =)
idragosani wrote:
Shanytc wrote:that should bring tvpaint a really awesome boost in the market,or is it?
Nooo... I'd say ToonBoom is already in competition with Retas, wouldn't you?
Toonboom, Retas, Anime Studio, Flash... Yes, the vector and puppet market contains enough software, in my opinon =)
So, why should we do like "others", whereas everything goes well for us ?
Shanytc

Post by Shanytc »

I was actually thinking that TVPaint could add a vector tools (pen, move handles..etc), not converting the entire application to be vector based.
Bitmap is indeed awesome! I got nothing to say about it, and TVPaint does the job above the rest!

ToonBoom? naa comm'on that's a really.. really!!! bad application (in my eyes) Retas is far more Superior and advanced.

Prices did not change since 2006 (when TVPaint 8 was released) but the cost of living did : fuel, food, electricity... everything is much more expensive than 5 years ago =)
Yeah, true!
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Shanytc wrote:I was actually thinking that TVPaint could add a vector tools (pen, move handles..etc), not converting the entire application to be vector based.
Bitmap is indeed awesome! I got nothing to say about it, and TVPaint does the job above the rest!

ToonBoom? naa comm'on that's a really.. really!!! bad application (in my eyes) Retas is far more Superior and advanced.

Yeah, true!
Hi Shanytc,

Indeed, at the moment, we have curve tools (Bezier, B Spline, 3 points ...), but no vector tools.
Btw, where are you from ? (I'm just curious, you are new in the forum, so ... I want to know ;) )

- - - - - -

Oh I forgot, the price of the standard edition will slightly change :
v9.5 Edition Standard : 475 euros
v10 Edition Standard : 495 euros
And of course, there is always the possibility to upgrade from "v10 standard edition" to "v10 professionnal edition" for the difference of price.
Fabrice Debarge
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Shanytc: I'm all for optimized software for special tasks, instead of bloatware with many but poorly implemented features. Have you ever tested Anime Studio? Vector-based, and, IMO, a perfect companion to TVP. (EDIT: Hope it's OK to point this out here - should've done this by PM ...)
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5