Urgent! - Unable to import audio

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
MrChoy

Urgent! - Unable to import audio

Post by MrChoy »

Aaaaaaagh!

I've recently upgraded to winfdows 7 64bit and Installed TVP Pro 10. I am in the niddle of doing an animatic and now it seems like TVP doesn't recognise any audio.
I initially thought it was the clients wav file but that open fine in sound forge. Changing the sample rate doesn't help and TVP won't open any mp3's either.

This all worked fine under 32bit.

Anyone have any ideas. I need to get this working asap or use another app for my animatic.
Hervé
Site Admin

Re: Urgent! - Unable to import audio

Post by Hervé »

Hi Dave

Any 64bits codec pack ( like http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k-l ... 64-bit.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) should fix this problem
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
MrChoy

Post by MrChoy »

Thankyouthankyouthankyou Thank You :D
I'll download and give it a go
MrChoy

Post by MrChoy »

AH. That didn't seem to fully clear up the problem, though I can seem to import MP3 versions of my tracks now.
Any idea why the WAV's might not be working in TVP? I can open them in After Effects, Sound forge, winamp and Sony Vegas?
CartoonMonkey

Post by CartoonMonkey »

wav.jpg
Dave, I've noticed that importing .wav files works in the clips individually, but not in the audio clip spanning timeline..
C
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Hmm... I don't have that problem.
EDIT: My list of audio codecs from TVP's export/import panel:
IMA ADPCM
PCM (which I use)
Microsoft ADPCM
GSM 6.10
CCITT A-Law
CCIT u-Law

Does anyone here have a different list?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Actually, I am seeing the same issue on Linux now... can't load WAV files, even for projects that had soundtracks added previously. Running from a terminal, I see this:

./tvp-animation-10-pro
/usr/share/tvpaint-developpement/tvp-animation-10-pro/plugins/loader/FFmpeg.so: undefined symbol: _Z10av_rescalelll
nOS::LoadLibrary() : Cannot load library /usr/share/tvpaint-developpement/tvp-animation-10-pro/plugins/loader/FFmpeg.so: /usr/share/tvpaint-developpement/tvp-animation-10-pro/plugins/loader/FFmpeg.so: undefined symbol: _Z10av_rescalelllImportFunctionList() : LoadLibrary() failed : /usr/share/tvpaint-developpement/tvp-animation-10-pro/plugins/loader/FFmpeg.so

Appears to be a symbol mismatch in the shared library.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
MrChoy

Post by MrChoy »

I can't confirm at the moment. I've just re-formatted my system again (And lost all my brushes because I forgot to back them up - bah)
Could this be a 64bit issue? I don't remember having it on my 32bit TVP?
Eric Scholl

Post by Eric Scholl »

idragosani wrote:Actually, I am seeing the same issue on Linux now... can't load WAV files, even for projects that had soundtracks added previously. Running from a terminal, I see this:

./tvp-animation-10-pro
/usr/share/tvpaint-developpement/tvp-animation-10-pro/plugins/loader/FFmpeg.so: undefined symbol: _Z10av_rescalelll
nOS::LoadLibrary() : Cannot load library /usr/share/tvpaint-developpement/tvp-animation-10-pro/plugins/loader/FFmpeg.so: /usr/share/tvpaint-developpement/tvp-animation-10-pro/plugins/loader/FFmpeg.so: undefined symbol: _Z10av_rescalelllImportFunctionList() : LoadLibrary() failed : /usr/share/tvpaint-developpement/tvp-animation-10-pro/plugins/loader/FFmpeg.so

Appears to be a symbol mismatch in the shared library.
Yep, this problem ( for Linux ) should be fixed with the next update :D
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi all.

I have the same codecs as in Paul's list. No problem to get any type of sound in. I use W7 pro 64. Can't remenber having that problem when I started to use W7.
Henk Beumers
TVP 10.05.7 pro 64 bits W7 pro 64 bits. Intel i5 2.67. Mem 16gig.