tvp10 Q: no way to flip selected layers order?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
CharlieC

tvp10 Q: no way to flip selected layers order?

Post by CharlieC »

1) is there no way to reverse a the stacking order of selected layers?
(i'm importing psd layers and the order is jumbled, so i'd like to select a group and flip the stacking order; low # on top to higher # below. then when i hit the 'link layers' button they stair step across down the timeline from, correctly numbered from left to right, low to high #.)

also it would be nice to collapse the layers but still read the full file name, to see more at one time while dragging and reordering them, but i know space is limited...
can that layer/parameter area be dragged/stretched temporarily, like some other panel sections?

2)and-
there used to be a delete instances/exposures button that would get rid of a series of frames. now is the only choice to delete the current frame, one at a time?

i know everyone has different button needs, but doesn't it seem more practical to start with tons of features/buttons built into panels, like the animator panel, and then omit/collapse/ignore the ones we don't use, rather than searching the forums and figuring george scripts and custom button commands that others have figured out.

another example of a common function people are individually solving with customization is adding/deleting frames on several selected layers, so they all stay in sync. i have yet to wade through all the comments/suggestions to get this working for myself...
Charlie C

charliecanfield.com
Mac mini (M1, 2020)
chip Apple M1
memory 16 GB
(currently running Monterey 12.6)
Cintiq 22HD (2015), driver 6.3.36-2
Elodie

Re: tvp10 Q: no way to flip selected layers order?

Post by Elodie »

1) When the layer is collapsed, maybe the complete name could be written on a pop up message, when you let your cursor just above ?
CharlieC wrote:there used to be a delete instances/exposures button that would get rid of a series of frames. now is the only choice to delete the current frame, one at a time?
You can use th -1 button in the Anamtaor Panel > Exposure.
Or select your instance with a click and hit [backspace] on your keyboard.

But yes, we could make a button that automatically select the current image and delete it, whatever if it's an exposure or an instance.
CharlieC

Post by CharlieC »

When the layer is collapsed, maybe the complete name could be written on a pop up message, when you let your cursor just above ?
yes, i was thinking that could be a solution too, but i realized that when sorting layers i need to see the name of the layer i'm grabbing, and the name of the layers i'm placing it between. right now it seems the adjustable/stretchy function that some other panels have would be a solution if technically feasible.

any ideas on the layer order question i mentioned above?
You can use th -1 button in the Anamtaor Panel > Exposure.

but the '-1 exposure' button only deletes exposures, not an instance. i often want to select several frames, whether instances or exposures, and get rid of them completely.
Or select your instance with a click and hit [backspace] on your keyboard.
[/quote]
for me when i select a frame and hit delete it only clears the frame of imagery, doesn't get rid of the frame itself. and if i select a section of an instance, hitting delete only breaks the instance into frames.

the closest button function right now to what i'm describing is on the instance area of the anim panel: the red crossbones, but that only does it one (and entire) instance at a time. i think i remember the function i'm describing available in 8.

and what are your thoughts, and tvp's policy, on building more popular functions into the animator panel, (or whatever toolbar) so users don't have the limited success of sorting thru forum discussions to create their own or borrow from other forum users?

for example: the common request i mentioned above of adding/deleting frames on several selected layers, so they all stay in sync (i remember seeing some homemade solutions for that on the forums but i haven't sorted thru them to find and implement the requirements).

i realize that from mirage up to tvp8 i've been using many function and tools and brush panels that users have created, and i miss them but haven't fully explored 10 to know what i want to go find on the forums and implement again. but tvp8's official animator panel i remember having more functions, too.

anyway- thanks for the continued time, help, and comments!
c
Charlie C

charliecanfield.com
Mac mini (M1, 2020)
chip Apple M1
memory 16 GB
(currently running Monterey 12.6)
Cintiq 22HD (2015), driver 6.3.36-2
meslin

Post by meslin »

CharlieC,

Eight years later, part of your question has an answer.
1) is there no way to reverse a the stacking order of selected layers?
(i'm importing psd layers and the order is jumbled, so i'd like to select a group and flip the stacking order; low # on top to higher # below. then when i hit the 'link layers' button they stair step across down the timeline from, correctly numbered from left to right, low to high #.)
I made an "Invert Layer Order" panel.
http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=13182

Enjoy!
David
Brucedg

Post by Brucedg »

Interesting :D