Eraser size

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Fabrice

Re: Eraser size

Post by Fabrice »

Elodie wrote:Actually, when you are using the "Eraser" function from Wacom, you are using the "Swap Stylus Tip" function in TVPaint (like if you were using the other tip on your stylus).

We noticed a bug when you use Swap Stylus Tip : it does not remind the configuration of your second tip each time you restart TVPaint. By default, it's a pen brush with size = 5. So even if you configure it as an Oil brush with size = 50, when you restart TVPaint, the Pen brush is back again.

It's in our "to fix list" :)
fixed, wait for next version. :)
Fabrice Debarge
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Fabrice wrote:
Elodie wrote:Actually, when you are using the "Eraser" function from Wacom, you are using the "Swap Stylus Tip" function in TVPaint (like if you were using the other tip on your stylus).

We noticed a bug when you use Swap Stylus Tip : it does not remind the configuration of your second tip each time you restart TVPaint. By default, it's a pen brush with size = 5. So even if you configure it as an Oil brush with size = 50, when you restart TVPaint, the Pen brush is back again.

It's in our "to fix list" :)
fixed, wait for next version. :)
I wanted to add one comment to the thread. I use a different method for eraser in part because I want to save the current "draw smoothing" setting for the tool when I call the eraser so that the "draw smoothing" for the eraser can be set to zero for more precise control. When I return to the previous tool, I want the "draw smoothing" restored (along with all other tool parameters.)

I was wondering if the next version update will manage this same "draw smoothing" control for the eraser and the temporarily swapped tool?

A discussion on tool parameters including the issue of "draw smoothing" control can be found HERE.
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

That's an interesting point you have here.

Thank you for reminding us this !