Pipeline suggestions

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Pipeline suggestions

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Huh? Oh well, I guess you make my point.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
sharkcellar

Post by sharkcellar »

Thank you all for I have seen the error of my ways. I made a custom brush today and played with the stamp brush thingy. I think I've got a handle on how the brushes work now. Still, the Alpha Luma thing isn't intuitive at all. I would've never thought of that unless I was just mussing about and clicking on everything to see what everything did. Either way, I crafted myself a very useful "basic" round brush for myself and plan to go ape on that nutty stamp brush. I guess if I had to acquiesce to the unorthodox GUI of Zbrush, TVPaint is more than worth the same. Cheers!
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

It takes time to get used to different tool concepts. I should know, because when I started with TVP I was complaining about it being so "difficult" when in fact it was just "different". Allow yourself some time to get aquainted with it, play around a lot, and read the manual (seriously) to find all the little details. And, of course, ask here.

Just recently I had to use Photoshop in the CS6 version, while usually I use CS3. It's a nightmare how they've changed the interface! I especially find it hard to fetch a certain brush, since they're all just small dots in that grid, with no further information given. In TVP I'm able to save a brush as a button (and assign a keyboard shortcut to it) with all its settings and name it, which is very helpful indeed.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
sharkcellar

Post by sharkcellar »

Slowtiger,

Well, if you have any questions about PS then feel free to ask, I use it daily and know a few tricks. For instance, you can change how brushes are viewed in the palette simply by clicking on the palette options (the three horizontal lines in the top right) and selecting either Large Thumbnail, Large List, or Stroke Thumbnail , also you want to be saving Tool Presets of your brushes, not brush presets. Tool presets save ALL of the parameters you've changed for a particular brush (type, size, opacity, flow, pressure, etc.). I hope that helps.

I've been using TVP for years, just not regular enough that its interface is no longer a mystery. It wasn't until I decided to use it recently for a job did I realize how little I know. I'm sure I'll be back with more probing ignorance in the future. Cheers, all!