23,976 fps - 24 fps

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
hisko

23,976 fps - 24 fps

Post by hisko »

Hi, I´m having a problem.
I'm working with video source material that is shot on 23,976 frames per second.
It does import in tvpaint fine (I counted the frames), but when I export it, I can only choose 24 fps.
That means that I loose 1 frame every 4 seconds (or am I wrong?)
This means that the animation will not longer be sync when I put it back in an editing program (like adobe premiere).
Does anyone have a solution for me?
D.T. Nethery

Re: 23,976 fps - 24 fps

Post by D.T. Nethery »

hisko wrote:Hi, I´m having a problem.
I'm working with video source material that is shot on 23,976 frames per second.
It does import in tvpaint fine (I counted the frames), but when I export it, I can only choose 24 fps.
That means that I loose 1 frame every 4 seconds (or am I wrong?)
This means that the animation will not longer be sync when I put it back in an editing program (like adobe premiere).
Does anyone have a solution for me?
The only way I can think of is to export using the 32bit version of TVPaint , export to Quicktime . In the Quicktime configurations you have the option to set a Custom Frame Rate.
Export Custom Frame Rate.jpg
Export Custom Frame Rate.jpg (40.32 KiB) Viewed 10576 times
Or perhaps export every frame of the TVPaint project as a PNG image sequence , then open the image sequence in Adobe Premiere with custom frame rate in Premiere set to 23.976 ?

hisko

Re: 23,976 fps - 24 fps

Post by hisko »

Thanks a lot David!
I think the PNG (or tiff) image sequence is the solution.
I should have thought of that (but there's so many things now to think about that my head will explode soon).