Flipping drawings alternative

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Fabrice

Re: Flipping drawings alternative

Post by Fabrice »

meslin wrote:"Flip Manually" is indeed a great shortcut, but it depends on the zoom level of the display to determine how many pixels of 'y' mouse movement constitutes a frame change. This means it doesn't work at all if you're doing pixel-level stuff, and it moves perhaps too quickly when you're zoomed out on a large canvas. Maybe it should calculate based on screen pixels rather than document pixels?
interesting feedback.
Fabrice Debarge
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Where can I find information on how this "flip manually" works?
It's not in the manual, is it?

Edit; I did find this thread but it isn't clear to me how this function works.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

You assign the function to a key. Then, you hit the key and you move your stylus above the tablet to flip.
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Thanks Elodie! That so straightforward I wonder how I could have missed it.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

Check out this thread..

http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2987" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TVPaint Animation Pro v11
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Since I'm a big gadget-idiot, who thinks every new gadget could make working a little bit less of a hustle I thought about buying a shuttle too, but a friend of mine told me his jog wheel looses it's tension really fast and don't swing back anymore. Do you noticed something similar?
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

I don't have that problem and over all these years I have never experienced any mechanical problems with this simple device and I work with it anywhere between 12 and 16 hours every day of the year.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Thank you Paul, then I guess I'll try it
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
furushil

Post by furushil »

I got the Shuttle Pro today and tested it.

The tactile feedback is reliable and it is like Paul said. Each single click represents the next frame.
I think it is good for editing and a good product.
Nevertheless, I think, I am going to send it back because of two main reasons:

1. The buttons are hard to press and make a loud plastic click when you press them.
2. The jog is very nice but I fear I would get an inflammation (correct english term ?) in the wrist. Which was my main concern from the beginning.
I have to go between frames back and forth constantly and you use the jog from the wrist with you fingers.

Everyone has to try and decide for themselves, I think.
Svengali wrote:Another possibility, easy to try... The scroll wheel on the mouse can be assigned shortcut keys - Wheel Up = Exposure:Prev Loop and Wheel Down = Exposure:Next Loop.
Also try Ctrl Wheel Up and Ctrl Wheel Down for other moves like: Exposure:Go to Previous Instance Exposure:Go to Next Instance

Sven
I tried this with the Touch Ring of my Wacom Tablet but the scrolling is extremely jerky. Does anyone know if there is a way to make it more smooth? (The wacom drivers are up to date)
MAC OS 12.6.2 - TVpaint 11.7.1 PRO 64bit, Wacom Intuos Pro
Paul Fierlinger

1. The buttons are hard to press and make a loud plastic click when you press them.
2. The jog is very nice but I fear I would get an inflammation (correct english term ?) in the wrist. Which was my main concern from the beginning.
I have to go between frames back and forth constantly and you use the jog from the wrist with you fingers.
Wow! Unless something has changed with the product I can't imagine a lighter touch. I would compare mine to the touch and click required to use a typical computer keyboard. I hope we are talking about the same product which looks a bit like a cow patty in the shape of a light bulb, correct? All black. I hope you'll let us know if you find something to your satisfaction because I'm getting really curious.

But I of course agree with your sentiment that we are all different.
Paul
furushil

Post by furushil »

Paul Fierlinger wrote: Wow! Unless something has changed with the product I can't imagine a lighter touch. I would compare mine to the touch and click required to use a typical computer keyboard. I hope we are talking about the same product which looks a bit like a cow patty in the shape of a light bulb, correct? All black. I hope you'll let us know if you find something to your satisfaction because I'm getting really curious.

But I of course agree with your sentiment that we are all different.
Yes, we are talking about the same product :)
As far as I understand, they are selling now the ShuttlePro V.2 (which I ordered). I assume that you have the V.1 -first version. I don't know what the difference is but maybe they changed the buttons :? .
The wheel/jog was easy to use and precise but somehow uncomfortable to me. I had to try it to know how it feels.

I will let you know if I find something!
Paul Fierlinger

No, I have the ShuttlePro 2. I might have exaggerated slightly by saying I've had it for ages, or whatever I said. Probably 6 to 8 years. The Wacom tablet buttons I consider a bit tough to press often and comfortably but the shuttle's buttons hardly require any weight at all; anything less could go off if a fly sat on it. You must also draw with a very light touch, the best way to draw of course.
Paul
furushil

Post by furushil »

I think, I found the best solution for me now.
Thank you for all the suggestions!

I bought a vertical mouse for left handers. I did not even know that there is such a thing as a vertical mouse.
My arm is now in a more neutral position and not so twisted all the time (and will hopefully not hurt anymore).

Then I took Sven's suggestion and assigned "go to next instance" and "go to previous instance" to the scroll wheel.

I also covered the optical light at the bottom of the mouse with some tape so that it does not interfere with my wacom pen.

The buttons of the mouse can be assigned to any key, even the left and right mouse button can be assigned to anything :) . You can even double assign 4 buttons because button 6 can function as an option button.
vertical mouse.png
vertical mouse.png (31.41 KiB) Viewed 28052 times
Now, I can easily flip back and forth with the wheel and don't have to punch the keys anymore.

I have tested it now for some hours and so far it works great.
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

furushil wrote:I got the Shuttle Pro today and tested it.

The tactile feedback is reliable and it is like Paul said. Each single click represents the next frame.
I think it is good for editing and a good product.
Nevertheless, I think, I am going to send it back because of two main reasons:

Everyone has to try and decide for themselves, I think.
Svengali wrote:Another possibility, easy to try... The scroll wheel on the mouse can be assigned shortcut keys - Wheel Up = Exposure:Prev Loop and Wheel Down = Exposure:Next Loop.
Also try Ctrl Wheel Up and Ctrl Wheel Down for other moves like: Exposure:Go to Previous Instance Exposure:Go to Next Instance

Sven
I tried this with the Touch Ring of my Wacom Tablet but the scrolling is extremely jerky. Does anyone know if there is a way to make it more smooth? (The wacom drivers are up to date)
Did you try the Roll drawings macro at all??? http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2987" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have been using the Shuttle Pro v2 for many years.. very seldom do I ever use the shuttle or the jog wheel. Whatever works best for you..
TVPaint Animation Pro v11
furushil

Post by furushil »

masterchief wrote:Did you try the Roll drawings macro at all???
I could not try it because it is for windows only.
On Mac you can use controllermate but the main problem is that I don't want the program to roll back automatically.
I want to flip manually back and forth and stay on a certain frame.

With the wheel of the mouse I have full control.