Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite and TVPaint Animation

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite and TVPaint Animation

Post by Thierry »

In your situation, the first step would be to try in TVPaint 11 demo if the issue is still there.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
skomdra

Post by skomdra »

I did. The problem with lagging while zooming, scrolling and turning table is still there, I am still not sure about drawing, I have to spend little longer with that.
-----
TV Paint 11.5.3 Windows 10
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

There are no updates for 10 to fix a problem with Yosemite, which came out long before 11? If 11 was out three month before Yosemite I would say it's the way things goes, but this is really bad support.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
skomdra

Post by skomdra »

schwarzgrau wrote:There are no updates for 10 to fix a problem with Yosemite, which came out long before 11? If 11 was out three month before Yosemite I would say it's the way things goes, but this is really bad support.
I agree. Imagine all those kids just out of school with no. 10 licence and getting a new Mac for Christmas. Starting tvPaint, and darn! Father, can you give me some more money, my program doesn't work any more? Father: nope. You already have your Christmas present. How many cases like that is possible at the end of 2014?*

*It's irony, if somebody didn't get, bot yes, schwarzgrau, no way I can accept this as a good support. Maybe I am in minority, but nether the less, problem still exists and it can't be a user responsibility to solve it.

p.s. and to any possible idea (which I heard) that in this case the user should go step back in the OS, instead of using the new OS, just a reminder of the Apple policy: They are not supporting downgrading the OS from the OS which is on the machine at the moment of purchase, in this case it was Yosemite. So, it is not possible to do it, legally speaking.
-----
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

schwarzgrau wrote:There are no updates for 10 to fix a problem with Yosemite, which came out long before 11? If 11 was out three month before Yosemite I would say it's the way things goes, but this is really bad support.
TVPaint's code was splitted in July, 3 or 4 months before Yosemite came out. By the time we had access to preview versions of Yosemite (in September), there was no issue at all (it was even more stable on Yosemite than Mavericks).
There was the old TVPaint 10 branch, and the TVPaint 11 one, in which so much modifications were made (interface, CTG layers, Library...) that it would have been impossible to go back in the old TVPaint 10 branch.

Also, in our initial plans, TVPaint Animation 11 was supposed to be released in October/November, but we prefered to delay it to February to have a more stable version, and more features (for example, the Anti-Aliasing for the Paint bucket was made in that time).
There will no longer be any updates to TVPaint Animation 10 : the last version is 10.5.7. We still answer questions and let users download the last version, but we no longer work on the old TVPaint 10 code.
skomdra

Post by skomdra »

Thierry, I understand and sympathise with your point, but this is not a solution to my technical problem. So did I get this clear, in other words what you are saying is: there is no solution to this problem, or, you can use this version software only on older mac machines or you are forced to buy a new version of software. Is it?
-----
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

A little thing. Have you checked this ?
open_low_definition.png
open_low_definition.png (165.52 KiB) Viewed 32313 times
skomdra

Post by skomdra »

yes, no lagging in tvp when I start in lo res on 11! :) so that was it. But on 10.5 is still lagging. It is comforting thou that at least the new version will not lag. Thanks Elodie.
-----
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

I fully agree...
  • Lukas Sketch Panel
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.3
  • MacBook Pro 2018 macOS Ventura 13.4.1 + PC Windows 10
  • Wacom Cintiq 27QHD + Wacom Intuos4
  • YouTube.com/@ClubBaboo
  • YouTube.com/@FrameOrder
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Elodie wrote: A little thing. Have you checked this ?

open_low_definition.png
skomdra wrote:yes, no lagging in tvp when I start in lo res on 11! :) So that was it.
A question: how would someone who does not frequent this forum know to do this ? (start TVP 11 in low-res. on Yosemite ) . It is not mentioned in the FAQs or in the User Manual.
Open TVP 11 in low-def.jpg
Open TVP 11 in low-def.jpg (56.91 KiB) Viewed 33003 times

Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Hmm, you're right, it should be mentionned at least in the FAQ, we'll add it.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

It was not in FaQ because this problem concerns only Mac with retina screens (and until now, very few people gort such expensive computers), so the problem was not fréquent (i've maybe answered this problem 3 times since the release of the first retina mac book pro).
burnsta

Post by burnsta »

Chillrobski wrote:I've been experimenting with why my lines were jagged and choppy with the Yosemite upgrade. I learned that if I expanded to full screen on my Mac the lines became smooth again. ( Press the green button on top corner of the program. ) I've attached some examples and hope this helps. THX
Screen Shot 01.jpg
Screen Shot 02.jpg
:roll:
A full day of searching thru Adobe, Wacom and Apple forums...

So simple and it works.
You are a genius!!!

Thanks! :D
Soom

Post by Soom »

Not sure if to post it here, or in a separate topic.
I am trying out TVP 11 on Yosemite now. And ... frankly - I'm completely baffled and quite upset:

1. The line lag issue, that was discussed here already - OK, it works fine, when TVPaint is in Full Screen mode. But, does it mean, that in Window mode it will not be functional? What about the Standard version - does it have the Full Screen mode in TVP 11? Because in 10 it doesn't...
Also - I don't see "Open in Low Resolution" in the properties. what I see instead is "Open in 32-bit mode". when I try it - nothing changes...
2. The upper menu disappears behind a gray bar - clicking on it reveals the menu, but after switching apps it disappears again. looks like a bug (check the screen-shot)
3. And now to the worst of it - I tried also 32-bit version, and well - it crashes on start. It just doesn't start. Does it mean that there is no working Standard version of TVP 11 for Yosemite?
Just for clarity - TVP 10 standard works perfect.
Screen Shot 2015-07-03 at 11.31.43 (2).png
Screen Shot 2015-07-03 at 11.31.43 (2).png (226.7 KiB) Viewed 32646 times
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Soom wrote:Not sure if to post it here, or in a separate topic.
I am trying out TVP 11 on Yosemite now. And ... frankly - I'm completely baffled and quite upset:

1. The line lag issue, that was discussed here already - OK, it works fine, when TVPaint is in Full Screen mode. But, does it mean, that in Window mode it will not be functional? What about the Standard version - does it have the Full Screen mode in TVP 11? Because in 10 it doesn't...
Also - I don't see "Open in Low Resolution" in the properties. what I see instead is "Open in 32-bit mode". when I try it - nothing changes...
The "Open in Low Resolution" only appears with Retina displays. Do you have one ?
2. The upper menu disappears behind a gray bar - clicking on it reveals the menu, but after switching apps it disappears again. looks like a bug (check the screen-shot)
That is a known bug, and we're working on it. However this probably won't be fixed for next build.
3. And now to the worst of it - I tried also 32-bit version, and well - it crashes on start. It just doesn't start. Does it mean that there is no working Standard version of TVP 11 for Yosemite?
Just for clarity - TVP 10 standard works perfect.
Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean that everyone has the same problem.
It may be because of your config. Did you copy-pasted your config from v10 to v11 ?
Could you try to delete your config (located in /Users/<username>/Library/tvp animation 11) and try to launch TVPaint Animation again ?