Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite and TVPaint Animation

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Fabrice

Re: Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite and TVPaint Animation

Post by Fabrice »

skomdra wrote:
Fabrice wrote:Check this :
http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php? ... 603#p78773" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can try to work full screen on the 64 bits version.
Hey Fabrice, I did, and my pointer is sometimes centimeter ahead of the line which is producing. It is following round shapes, accurately, but legendary TVP response time decreased dramatically which makes it very difficult to work.
ok, thanks for the feedback.
We don't have the same behavior here, so it's really computer dependent
Fabrice Debarge
skomdra

Post by skomdra »

OK! I hate to be an ass, but the functionality on YOSEMITE is seriously weird and I am not able to explain what is the mater. Today I experienced super weird behaviour of the FX palette - the scroll bar simply refused to scroll, but instead it behaved like I want to record the path. Scrolling on mouse helped, but it is weird. Then when I cleaned all FX and start to add new again, it worked. And then, for no reason, when I finished with the project and closed it, program became so unresponsive that it was unusable, I had to restart. I am really hoping that this issues could be addressed soon, so I can continue to work on my new project without delays. Is there any way I can help you testing? Maybe the architecture of the new iMac is simply too different. Please, drop me p.m. if I can help. Thanks
-----
TV Paint 11.5.3 Windows 10
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I'm about to send you a message Skomdra.
David_Fine

Post by David_Fine »

Sorry, but I am unclear about the status of TVPaint right now with Yosemite. Can you please clarify? Is 10.5 meant to work okay with Yosemite or not? Should one avoid upgrading to Yosemite yet? Is TVPaint 11 fully Yosemite compatible? Is the situation that we should just wait for 11 before upgrading to Yosemite? If so, any idea when it will be released. Wacom has upgraded it's drives and even Pro Tools is now Yosemite compatible, so for me, it's just TVPaint I am waiting on. What should I do?

Okay, got to go shopping on Boxing Day! Happy Holidays everyone!!
David Fine
iMac late 2014 3.5 GHz, 32GB RAM
Snowden Fine Animation Inc.
Vancouver, Canada
David_Fine

Post by David_Fine »

I had Yosemite on my Macbook, so I tried using TVPaint there and it seemed okay, so I upgraded on my iMac and so far, not noticing any issues. All seems fine to me. I also upgraded my Wacom driver to the latest as well.
Last edited by David_Fine on 10 Jan 2015, 22:04, edited 1 time in total.
David Fine
Vancouver, Canada
Joost

Post by Joost »

I've been experimenting with why my lines were jagged and choppy with the Yosemite upgrade.
Same problem here. The full-screen solution works. But when working full screen it is only possible to work with one screen. So hopefully it will be fixed.
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
David_Fine

Post by David_Fine »

Still using it in 64 bit on Yosemite. No problems.
David Fine
Vancouver, Canada
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Maybe the problem also comes from graphic cards or something.
I remember, it was 3 years ago, when we released the first 64 bit version of TVPaint for Mac, and it was awfully buggy on some Macs : and one of these bugs came from graphic cards (models were différent following if you were using a laptop, an iMac or a Mac Pro).
Joost

Post by Joost »

Maybe the problem also comes from graphic cards or something.
That could be the problem, but there where no problems with the same graphic card in osx Mavericks
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Yes, because we fixed it :)

I didn't ask the question clearly : could you all give your Macs specifics ? (graphic card, cpu, etc.)
skomdra

Post by skomdra »

Hello,
I started to use my computer after a big trip in Viborg so therefore I stopped to report about my UX. Now I noticed that sometimes TVP starts to lag terribly and the only solution is to restart. Annoying. Nothing special happens before, it just starts to lag in the middle of work. It happens always when I use transform light table. What could that be?
And 64 bit still doesn't work, and it should.

p.s. the problem progresses - now I have to restart the system, usually it is just TVP I have to restart, but now after I start TVP it is still super slow, this is not normal. Any solution?
-----
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

If you are using the Pro 64 bit version, using fullscreen mode can fix lag issues.
skomdra

Post by skomdra »

No, Elodie, it doesn't. I just installed 64 bit version (Again) and it lags as hell. I can't even navigate properly, or turn table, it lags and user experience is totally uncomfortable. And also, when I draw, it is good for a while, but after some drawing time it starts to lag to the point that I literally draw one line and I look how this line shows on my canvas in slow motion. This makes program effectively unusable. So, my solution is to go back on 32 bit because this is the only way how it is going to work, from my experience, and if I run into this strange lagging moment, I will restart again. This at least gives me job done with bit less annoyance. When can I expect some solution for this problem?
-----
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

If you are using TVPaint 10, then there will not be any solution, as TVPaint 10 will no longer recieve any updates. If this issue is still there with TVPaint 11, then we will look into it.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
skomdra

Post by skomdra »

So, my solution is to buy no 11? Maybe we should announce this so everyone who owns 10 licence should think twice before buying the new Mac, IMHO.
-----