TVPaint Animation 11 : ask all your questions here !

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Elodie

TVPaint Animation 11 : ask all your questions here !

Post by Elodie »

Good news everyone,

TVPaint Animation 11 is released (that's also why the forum and the website has changed).

Here is a short list that sums up the new features :

• Color and texturing engine thanks to "Color and Texture to Generate" layers (aka CTG) : this is the biggest change added in TVPaint Animation 11 Professional Edition. Create colour libraries, give them a name, track colour area with textures. It's a full layer engine dedicated to make the colouring and texturing processes faster and easier than before.
• 2 new texturing FX : "Brush Spreading" and "Inlay Texture", to make great textures (depending on the shape) in a few click.
• A Warp tool based on the technology "as rigid as possible", which allows to distort, stretch and bend your drawings. It also allows you to imitate cut-out animation.
• Guidelines to draw lines, ellipses, perspectives with vanishing points, image guides, etc.
• A library, to stock images, references or model-sheets.
• The Flips panel : configure your flips in the exact way you like (between images, instances, marked images, etc.) with the shortcuts your want.
• Auto Break and Auto Create Frame are now layer depending.
• Layer Preset Manager : manage different preset kinds to create your layers with specific configuration.
• An Eraser tool is available (but don't worry, colour mode “Erase” is still here as well).
• A chromatic wheel.
• New interface, with darker colour scheme and pretty icons.
• The Windows top menu is re-organized to help newcomers to find what they are looking for.
• Improved Line smoothing options ! Now, you have the choice between 2 modes : "average" or "pulled string". Plus, it has its own panel and its own icon on the Main Panel.
• Standard Edition can run on Linux.
• Scale system to make TVPaint more comfortable on 4K screens.
• Proxy is now 25 % faster (ideal for HD projects).
• Coordinates for the Out of Pegs are available in the Light Table.
• Tint mode available in the Light Table (vey useful if you animate filled shapes)
• Anti aliasing available on any filling shapes.
• Auto save.
• Storyboard publishing compatible with Flix (The Foundry©).
• Drag and Drop images within the timeline has been improved.
• New information can be displayed when exporting your project.

Click here to read the full list with images and videos :

Feel free to ask all your questions here about features.

Regarding prices, please contact us. No discussions about prices will be made on the forum :)
Sewie

Re: TVPaint Animation 11 : ask all your questions here !

Post by Sewie »

That new interface looks good! And very practical because It'll save my eyes on the Cintiq.
And I see that you've gotten rid of that superfluous (and annoying) bar between the timeline and drawing area.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

I don't like the butterfly icon very much, but the new interface looks great. And the anti-aliasing in the fill-tool is something I'm sooo happy too see.
I just fiddled around a bit, but as far as I can say you did a great job on it! All the small stuff like how you improved the keyboard shortcuts panel and the light table are also great.

I noticed the layers now show longer layer names, even if they are collapsed, but is it possible to scale the section with the names, the blending modes etc.?
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Thank you for your kind words.
schwarzgrau wrote:I noticed the layers now show longer layer names, even if they are collapsed, but is it possible to scale the section with the names, the blending modes etc.?
Unfortunately, it was not possible : the timeline / layer stack is one of the older part of TVPaint and such a change would have asked to completely re-write it (= a development longer than 18 months).
To give you an idea, developers needed one year, "just" to create a new layer type (CTG) and improve the timeline with new icons, more space for names, make "auto break" and "auto create" layer depending, make sound and notes easier to access, etc.

We had to make a choice. =)
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Fiddling around with the trial version:
And it looks like the Custom Brush panel has a 'projection' option added!

Anything that gives us more options to enhance brushes makes me very happy!

Edit: It was already there in the previous version, I just noticed. :oops:
Last edited by Sewie on 05 Feb 2015, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Ok, that's really like a big amount of work for a relatively small purpose. Longer layer names with collapsed layers sounds like a fair compromise to me.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

schwarzgrau wrote:I don't like the butterfly icon very much...
Me neither, frankly, it makes the software look like a make-up box. The TVP logo would look more professional, I think.
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

I gotta say guys, that perspective tool is AMAZING for as far as I've managed to test it!

Is there a tutorial available somewhere because I was looking for a way to edit the grid once it has been placed? The guideline panel has an 'Edit' option so I assume that it's possible?
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

:D

Here is the online documentation : http://www.tvpaint.com/doc/tvp11/index. ... troduction" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(sorry, no tutorials available yet, but hopefully we will have more time for this within few months)
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

Please note that the documentation is not complete yet, and if you find mistakes, spelling/grammar errors, please post it on this topic, thanks ! :)
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
neonnoodle

Post by neonnoodle »

!!! I'm thrilled to see all these new features! Can't wait to upgrade. Also, it's fabulous that there is richer online documentation.

There doesn't appear to be a "Purchase" page up yet, though... :?
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

I see, thanks Elodie.
One thing that is missing, though, is an undo button. Because regular undo doesn't affect the changes in the Guidelines. But that is a feature request, perhaps...

(Or is it a bug?)
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Sewie wrote:I see, thanks Elodie.
One thing that is missing, though, is an undo button. Because regular undo doesn't affect the changes in the Guidelines. But that is a feature request, perhaps...

(Or is it a bug?)
Should the undo option work with the guidelines too ? I don't think so.
But I think it should be debated. :)
Fabrice Debarge
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

neonnoodle wrote:!!! I'm thrilled to see all these new features! Can't wait to upgrade. Also, it's fabulous that there is richer online documentation.
Thank you :D
Re-write the doc and put it online takes a lot of time, but when it will be over, it will have only advantages (update it easily, embed videos, etc.)
neonnoodle wrote:There doesn't appear to be a "Purchase" page up yet, though... :?
What do you mean ?
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Fabrice wrote: Should the undo option work with the guidelines too ? I don't think so.
But I think it should be debated. :)
I think it absolutely should be in the undo-redo workflow.
Otherwise it would be very annoying if you happen to change your mind. Now there is no way to undo any changes that have been done in guidelines which can make it awkward to work with.