TVP version 11 and Windows 8.1 problems on SurfacePro 3

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
jcarter20

TVP version 11 and Windows 8.1 problems on SurfacePro 3

Post by jcarter20 »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone else is having issues with running TVPaint 11 on a SurfacePro 3 with Windows 8.1 installed. When I first got the tablet, Windows 8.0 was installed and TVPaint ran just fine. It was a bit sluggish, but was useable. Now, Windows 8.1 has auto-installed (thanks MicroSoft) and TVPaint keeps quitting unexpectedly when I'm doing simple things like bringing up the onscreen keyboard, minimizing the application, etc. Because I'm running the Standard Edition of TVP, it is running in the 32bit emulator. Interestingly, when TVP starts up, the splash screen says it is the Professional Edition. But I double-checked, and it is definitely the 32bit version of TVP. Odd.

TVPaint runs like a dream on my MacBookPro, but I'm about ready to sell the SurfacePro as Windows' issues are just becoming bothersome. Any advise would be greatly appreciated :-)
Fabrice

Re: TVP version 11 and Windows 8.1 problems on SurfacePro 3

Post by Fabrice »

when TVP starts up, the splash screen says it is the Professional Edition.
this is a bug (wrong image)
Any advise would be greatly appreciated :-)
ok, did you reinstall everything (TVPaint , Sentinel drivers and Wacom Drivers) ?
if so, hold the [ctrl] key when starting the software by double click. the startup panel should open and from here try to delete the configuration.
Fabrice Debarge