how to re-attach timeline and project panel?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
2dbert

how to re-attach timeline and project panel?

Post by 2dbert »

hello everyone,

most of the time I like best to work with the timeline magnetically attached to the project panel, so that when Auto fit (F) is switched on toggling the timeline pressing 0 will automatically zoom in and out the project window as it grows and shrinks to and from the space the timeline does take or not.
I really don't know how I managed, but by now I have accidentally unattached the two panels in every single room that originally was set up this way and can't either get the behaviour back by myself nor find any posts or any hints in the manual dealing with this.
I also seem to remember having fixed it some time ago by clicking on the little black arrow at the top corner of either panel, but either I remember wrong or they currently don't function as intended (curiously even full inline help doesn't reveal what they are. The timeline one puts the timeline in front or behind the project panel, the project panel one shows the open projects name and that's it. Is that the way it should work?).
Any help would be much appreciated, my software version and OS are in the signature.
Mac OSX Version 10.9 - 2GHz Intel Core 64(? I think so at least)bit - 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Yiynova MSP19U
TvPaint Animation 11.0.6 Pro
furushil

Re: how to re-attach timeline and project panel?

Post by furushil »

Hello 2dbert,

could you upload a screenshot of the problem?
Have you tried to change the Preference->Display settings?
MAC OS 12.6.2 - TVpaint 11.7.1 PRO 64bit, Wacom Intuos Pro
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

hi 2dbert,
I'm not on mac, but here's how it works on my PC :

- check on AutoFit, the [F] button on the side of the View window,
- enable "FullScreen" View (shortcut = V),
- then, click the little arrow of the timeline window :
timeline-Arrow.png
timeline-Arrow.png (6.58 KiB) Viewed 16341 times
now if you grab the timeline head-bar up or down, the project view should "autofit" the free space,
hitting [0] will remove / make re-appear the timeline window,
you can also lock the timeline by clicking on the new little arrow at the end of the timeline bar :
timeline-Arrow2.png
timeline-Arrow2.png (2.57 KiB) Viewed 16341 times
I hope it will help you.
habashtvpaint

Post by habashtvpaint »

Hi everyone,
I'd like to take this chance offered by 2dbert to address this behaviour in TVPaint.

When using TVPaint while the project window is docked, it is responsive with toggling the timeline on and off.

but after switching to Fullscreen mode, to gain more real estate or simply to hide the project window controls and then back to window mode, the project window becomes undocked and not responsive any more with the timeline.

the fix of course is by re pinning the project window.

I have made a little video to produce the behaviour, hopefully it will make more sense than my written explanation :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/887 ... screen.mp4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I suggest that toggling fullscreen/window modes for the project window should remember the status of the window. (if pinned or unpinned)

Cheers,
--
Animator for Life
Mac | 3.5GHz i7 | 24GB RAM | OSX 10.9 | TVP 11 Pro 64bit
2dbert

Post by 2dbert »

Hey, thanks for you replies,

and yes ZigOtto, the way you describe worked the same here on mac, so I got the panels back attached. However, by using (V) shortcut, the preview buttons under the project window are now hidden, whereas they used to be present in the original settings.

habashtvpaint, your video shows how exactly this is recreated in TVP 11 at some point, doesn't it? The layout of TVP 10 is quite different though from what I see in 10 and I didn't manage to do the same. Does anybody know how to do this in TVP 10? Of course I could use the remote panel, but I'd rather have a panel less on the screen.

furushil, i did try changing the display settings in the preferences, but the options concerning the timeline are: large or not, vertical or horizontal and display timecode. I don't think any of these help in my case, do they?
Mac OSX Version 10.9 - 2GHz Intel Core 64(? I think so at least)bit - 4GB 1600 MHz DDR3 - Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB
Yiynova MSP19U
TvPaint Animation 11.0.6 Pro