exporting images

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Fabrice

Re: exporting images

Post by Fabrice »

I think Sven is right, but it can also come from a bad shortcut.

Can you export and post your shortcut list ? What is (or are) the key(s) connected to the eraser mode ?
Fabrice Debarge
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi Sven.
I checked right away in the wacom panel. I know my wacom settings are always on eraser disabled. It's the first thing I do because I never used the back side of the stylus. And indeed, the backside was on disabled.
But if I go back to tvp the backside of the stylus is still functional. And you're right. The backside triggers the brush to change. That's why it acted so randomly. Weird. Great if you want to change your brush if you use it to erase but a pain in the * if you don't want to use it. I'm glad I have a steering wheel in my car and not a wacom tablet.
Hey thanks. At least now I know were it's coming from. I have to try and change my habbit to hold on to my stylus when I use the keyboard.
Regards Henk.
Last edited by Henk Beumers on 30 Jul 2015, 21:55, edited 1 time in total.
Henk Beumers
TVP 10.05.7 pro 64 bits W7 pro 64 bits. Intel i5 2.67. Mem 16gig.
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi Fabrice.
I assigned the RM button/funtion to the space bar. That's how I can erase just by hitting the space bar with every tool. I work like this for as long as I remember. Before wacom the RM button was the only way to erase. That's why I disable the backside of the stylus first thing I do. You can't beat erasing with the space bar.
Cause of the problem is known now thanks to Sven but what is a bad shortcut? How can you assign a bad shortcut. They are all presettings are they not?
Henk.
Henk Beumers
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

I just wanted to say that one of your shortcut might have been set by mistake to activate an eraser brush or an eraser mode.
Fabrice Debarge
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

No. Before I enter a question I am more or less desperate because I can't find the solution myself.
What about the initial question of the topic.
I'm not desperate. It's not a big thing but still it's fairly stupid to ajust the requester every single time if it's not necesarry. The manual just mentions the posibilaty to ajust the requester. There is no indication to fix this.
Henk.
Henk Beumers
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Do you mean adjusting the tab in the export panel ?
Fabrice Debarge
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Yes, It's the export panel.

I export to PSD's in "Layer Structure" because if you export PSD's in "Clip Display" the result is a flattened image in Photoshop so you might as well saved in any other flattened format. In "Layer Structure"the Layers stay intact in PS and that is what I want from a PSD.
My problem is, if I'm exporting PSD's the requester on defauld opens with "Clip Display". Not on "Layer Structure" like I used it last. So if I need to export PSD's every time again the export requesters opens with "Clip Display" highlighted. So every time again I need to set it manually to "Layer Structure" to save to PSD. So when I forget to change to "Layer Structure" and the "Clip Display" is set on animation and jpeg. I'm saving a lot of jpeg's I don't need. I have to delete them so I need to go out the routine of exporting and back again. If I didn't notice I forgot to change to "Layer Stucture" I end up with a mess in the "Saved Image" file and I have to figure out where I went wrong ect ect.
I don't know what the purpose of exporting an image to a flattened PSD is, but apart from that, why opens the export requester on defauld with "Clip Display" instead of the last used setting?
I can't figure out how I change that.
Henk.
Henk Beumers
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

We will try to solve this in the next 11.0.3

nb : exporting in flattened .psd is useful for some software (CelAction f.I.)
Fabrice Debarge
Henk Beumers

Post by Henk Beumers »

Hi Fabrice.
Maybe you can try to solve this too.
When in the export panel as discribt in this post earlier, if you save/export an image by clicking export with the mouse the exportpanel remembers the last number you used. So the next time you only have to change the last figure. For instance 08 into 09. Good thing because it's hard to remember the last used increment sometimes.
Now if you save/export not by means of the mouse but by using the ENTER key on the keyboard, the export panel will not remember the last used figure. This is a pitty because the ENTER key is faster and more convenient because you're on the keyboard on the moment you need to save/export.
Would also be great if shortcut's keep doing their job, so you don't need to restart tvp to get their functionality back. Never had these problems with the previous releases.
Henk.
Henk Beumers