Did anyone ever tried a Huion graphic tablet?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Soom

Did anyone ever tried a Huion graphic tablet?

Post by Soom »

I have recently purchased a Huion graphic screen tablet, as was recommended by a friend and some reviews, and I bumped into a serious problem - it just doesn't work well with TVPaint. At least on my Mac. Other software looks Ok, but TVP - nope - lot's of serious problems. Did anyone ever try it?
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
Fabrice

Re: Did anyone ever tried a Huion graphic tablet?

Post by Fabrice »

not here, sorry.
Fabrice Debarge
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Just encountered a student who had problems with her HUION (only) in combination with Tvpaint
but only after updating her mac from El Capitan naar Sienna

every line she draws with pressure creates a big "splash" (max brushsize regardless of applied pressure) at the beginning.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Soom

Post by Soom »

I have another colleague with Huion and TVPaint - on PC, same problems, lots of bugs, right click function is not working, etc. - don't bother with Huion if you need to work with TVPaint
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
anjing

Post by anjing »

Personally, I've had no problems with my Huion tablets in terms of software (aka the drivers), but I do have some models I recommend against as they have subpar hardware, like the Huion H640P/H950P since they have ridiculous amounts of line wobble.

However, I wholeheartedly recommend other models like the Huion H1060 Plus and XP-Pen Artist 12 Pro Art Tablet with screen though as they have no line wobble and draw fantastically.
Soom

Post by Soom »

anjing wrote: 09 Sep 2019, 09:44 Personally, I've had no problems with my Huion tablets in terms of software (aka the drivers), but I do have some models I recommend against as they have subpar hardware, like the Huion H640P/H950P since they have ridiculous amounts of line wobble.

However, I wholeheartedly recommend other models like the Huion H1060 Plus and XP-Pen Artist 12 Pro Art Tablet with screen though as they have no line wobble and draw fantastically.
Thanks for the input. Could you please confirm you can correctly use the right click functionality in TVPaint on any of the Huion screen tablet you are refering to? (I only mean screen tablets, not the regular ones), thanks.
Soom

Post by Soom »

Ok, I have just tested the new Huion tablets in an animation studio, and I can confirm, that it seems to be functioning well with TVPaint now. But I only tried it for a couple of minutes - can't be sure of all the functions, but the pen and right click work as expected.
veronikahozjan

Post by veronikahozjan »

I have new Huion tablet (Kamvas 22 Plus) and after a few days I am experiencing the same problem. My pen, even when I don't touch the screen is making small lines *hoovering around the surface), very annoying, if you have any suggestion please help.
I tried unchecked and checked Windows ink, updated the driver ..., nothing really help.
Soom

Post by Soom »

veronikahozjan wrote: 03 May 2021, 18:58 I have new Huion tablet (Kamvas 22 Plus) and after a few days I am experiencing the same problem. My pen, even when I don't touch the screen is making small lines *hoovering around the surface), very annoying, if you have any suggestion please help.
I tried unchecked and checked Windows ink, updated the driver ..., nothing really help.
Did you try disabling SubPixel in TVP Preferences?
inkner

Post by inkner »

veronikahozjan wrote: 03 May 2021, 18:58 I have new Huion tablet (Kamvas 22 Plus) and after a few days I am experiencing the same problem. My pen, even when I don't touch the screen is making small lines *hoovering around the surface), very annoying, if you have any suggestion please help.
On Linux I didn't notice this behavior. Also using the same tablet. Guessing it's not visible also in other graphic programs or applications.

As for the tablet it works really well. Can't compare it to others as it's the first one I've used. Brightness uniformity is good (not perfect). Colors are more saturated and I recommend to calibrate the screen. I kind of wish it had other nibs for the pen and a bit less parallax near the edges but other then that... for a first tablet and this price...
PS: clean the screen before first time use.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

I would assume that the tablet inputs are the responsibility of the operating system - MacOS, Linux or Windows.

TVPaint is just a software, it receives the inputs from the system. So there should be a solution at the system level. Did you try updating the drivers ? check here : https://www.huion.com/download/
tvpaint_harry

Post by tvpaint_harry »

Did you end up solving the issue in the end? I was hoping to buy a Kamvas 22 soon and I was worried that TVPaint might not work perfectly with it. Please let me know if you can. Thanks