PNG warning TVPaint freezes up Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: PNG warning TVPaint freezes up

Post by Thierry »

Here is a Photoshop action script that lets you export without the sRGB profile checked.
That way you won't need to uncheck the ICC sRGB button each time you export :)
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
ten_zero

Post by ten_zero »

Thierry wrote:Here is a Photoshop action script that lets you export without the sRGB profile checked.
Translated information on TVPaint Japanese language topic :
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I received your file Furushil, but despite the warning, I could import the file without crash or freeze.
furushil

Post by furushil »

Elodie wrote:I received your file Furushil, but despite the warning, I could import the file without crash or freeze.
hmm, that's strange, especially with the file that I sent you, TVPaint always crashes or freezes up on my computer.
I get a warning three times and click "OK", then the import window comes up like this:
import.png
When I click "import", the warning window pops up and flickers and I'm not able to click OK.

Maybe it is an individual case and not worth the time to look into it, because I noticed that I have other files where I get the warning and I am able to click OK without any problems.
MAC OS 12.6.2 - TVpaint 11.7.1 PRO 64bit, Wacom Intuos Pro
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I have exactly the same behaviour, except the final freeze... =/

Hmm, ok, let's keep this in mind if it happens again.
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

I keep getting this PNG pop-up warning about 10000 times a day and it is driving me CRAZY! WTF is this pop-up fetish with you guys???
How come png import/export is such a problem in version 11 and wasn't in the previous versions?

:x
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

not a bug from TVPaint, but from the software where the PNG come from.
we have just made the PNG library up to date between the v10 and v11 because some productions couldn't export correctly to other software such as Nuke & After-Effect if I remember well.

the software, where the PNG comes from, is using an outdated PNG lib (and yes, I'm speaking about Adobe photoshop. as far as I know they still didn't do the job correctly) so the export is not good and detected as problematic by the latest PNG library.
there is a workaround within photoshop to avoid this (some options to tweak when exporting), someone will post it later.

EDIT : Maybe we don't have the latest version : see http://libpng.sourceforge.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it was released a few days ago.
But it won't change your problem anyway. The PNG you import are coming from an outdated version of the PNG lib, so sooner or later you will have the problem in more and more software.

EDIT2 : the solution was already posted :
thierry wrote:Here is a Photoshop action script that lets you export without the sRGB profile checked.
Fabrice Debarge
furushil

Post by furushil »

Michael, please take a look at this: https://pnggauntlet.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This app is similar to imageoptim.
I am using imageoptim now all the time but it is for MAC only.

Just through your PNGs in that app before you import them in TVPaint.
MAC OS 12.6.2 - TVpaint 11.7.1 PRO 64bit, Wacom Intuos Pro
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Thanks Paul, but PNG Gauntlet runs impossibly slow on my pc.
Then I googled for Windows alternatives for Imageoptim and I came across FileOptimizer and that one seems to work quite well.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM