Auto break and Auto create issues in TVP 11

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Soom

Re: Auto break and Auto create issues in TVP 11

Post by Soom »

NathanOtano wrote:Have you updated your tvpaint? I think I remember that the break shortcut was corrected because of this.
I have the recent version - I just switched to tvp11 2 weeks ago
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

That's curious because the break instance shortcut (the one in the handy custom panel for exemple) works great on my side even if autonbreak/autocrate are not activated
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

And the one from my panel is exactly the same as the one from the handy custom panel.
Soom

Post by Soom »

Hi guys. I have included a screenshot to show what I mean.
in the screenshot - the layer "box" is on HOLD. break instance does not do anything, whether auto-break/auto-create are on or off. Now - Elodies and Otano's buttons do work great - I love this flexibility of creating actions in TVP!!, but they both create an empty instance, because they include the function "clear". Is there another action, that instead of "clear", would say something like "touch"? So that it reads as an empty pen action, which will work perfectly with auto-functions enabled.
thanks a lot for your patience! :)
tvp_inst_brk.png
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Soom wrote:Hi guys. I have included a screenshot to show what I mean.
in the screenshot - the layer "box" is on HOLD. break instance does not do anything, whether auto-break/auto-create are on or off. Now - Elodies and Otano's buttons do work great - I love this flexibility of creating actions in TVP!!, but they both create an empty instance, because they include the function "clear". Is there another action, that instead of "clear", would say something like "touch"? So that it reads as an empty pen action, which will work perfectly with auto-functions enabled.
tvp_inst_brk.png
Haha ok, I got it. I can't find a way to do it without scripting.
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
furushil

Post by furushil »

Soom wrote:Hi guys. I have included a screenshot to show what I mean.
tvp_inst_brk.png
Maybe I misunderstand but I think all you have to do is to activate "auto break" and "auto create frame" on that layer, then go to the frame where you want the break and draw something or erase somewhere (no extra buttons needed).
It will create a new instance without erasing the hold drawing.
Is that what you want to achieve ?
MAC OS 12.6.2 - TVpaint 11.7.1 PRO 64bit, Wacom Intuos Pro
Soom

Post by Soom »

furushil wrote: Maybe I misunderstand but I think all you have to do is to activate "auto break" and "auto create frame" on that layer, then go to the frame where you want the break and draw something or erase somewhere (no extra buttons needed).
It will create a new instance without erasing the hold drawing.
Is that what you want to achieve ?
:) no - I've just explained