OTANO Out Of Peg Tools

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
NathanOtano

OTANO Out Of Peg Tools

Post by NathanOtano »

Hey!
This time it's a nice script that is already 6 months old now, created to help you setting your out of pegs and then flip them.
OTANO OOP Tools v06.tvpx
(422.5 KiB) Downloaded 489 times
OOP_set_panel.png
OOP_set_panel.png (7.89 KiB) Viewed 10702 times

It involved some maths that I havn't studied since a long time haha, but I found my way (thread here : http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=10341) and now that this graduation film is done I can share it properly :)
I advise you to use shortcuts with those buttons, especially for flipping.

Here is quick demos of all the features :
Untitled.gif
oop_demo.gif

OOP SET

The OOP Set script matches point(s) on the images of your lightable. Here is the process :
- Click on OOP Set
- Click on the reference point of your current image that you wanna match. If you use your right click it will remember that you also want to match rotation.
- Click on the reference point of your previous light table image. If you use your right click it will also remember that you want to match scale.
- Click on the reference point of your next light table image.
- Now if you right clicked somewhere, you'll have to repeat the process with a second reference point used to match scale and/or rotation.

If you alt click on the panel button, you have two options (more to come) :
- You can choose to hide or not the current frame while setting your reference points on your lighttable images.
- You can choose to temporarily set (or not) your LT images at full opacity while setting your reference points.

Right now OOP Set works only with image -1,-2,1 and 2 but I'm hopping to make it work for all activated images.
Also you can't use it with gradient mode for now, but it should work for any other mode.

OOP Flip

The flipping scripts are based on Mads Juul Out of Peg Panel (here : http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7271) with simplifications in the process, more LT modes supported, and bug corrections.

The flipping scripts hides all LT images and current image execpt the one you're flipping on, you just loop right or left beetween image -1,1 and 0.
You can draw only on current image (sorry). Each time you go back to current image the script ends (but your LT images are still off).
Then, from anywhere, you can click on "OOP Flip End" and you'll go back to current frame with your current image visible AND you'll get back your the LT settings you had before flipping.

OOP Switch

Really simple one that stores current OOP values and desactivates OOP. If you click again on the button (or while you have no OOP setted), you get back the stored values. Pretty handy :)

And after maybe...

- I'm planning to make it support all images for setting and flipping, so you can see more of your movement while still using OOP and maybe animate on the spot.
- You could also imagine going to next/previous LT image directly on the timeline and the script sets back the previous image to match the OOP, that way you could draw on every image. But it would take more time to script :) one day maybe. Or using guidelines maybe instead of LT.

Enjoy!
Nathan
Last edited by NathanOtano on 31 Aug 2022, 11:01, edited 9 times in total.
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
D.T. Nethery

Re: OTANO Out Of Peg Tools

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Thank you Nathan !

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
repkino

Post by repkino »

:roll:

upd. ok, not for TVP10
aAntin

Post by aAntin »

Hi Nathan,

Just tried your palette. Awesome tools!?! :D
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Haha yes, I'm glad you like it
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Just wanted to say thank you. Currently Its such an amazing timesaver.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

<3 thanks
Working on Windows 10
condepablo

Post by condepablo »

this tool should be native!
I dont understand very well the scale/rotation method. would be great to have a videotutorial about it.
anyway, the basic OOP set its already a great time saver. thanks!
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

You use your right mouse button (or press a stylus button to get a right click) for choosing the points. This way the script knows you want to use rotation/scale too and let you choose a second set of points. From there it can calculate scale and rotation. This works best if your first set of points and the second one are as far from each other as possible.
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

When you set your first three point, if you right click on the first it will activate the scale function and if you right click on the second it will activate the rotate function. So you can set only position, or position and scale, or position and rotate or all three.

Then when you set your first 3 points, if you clicked with right click at one moment, there is three more points to set that will be a second point to set the rotate and the scale (cf gif in first post)
Working on Windows 10
Kramme

Post by Kramme »

Thank you Nathan, I love this! Been thinking about whether this was possible to do for a while and then I stumble upon your tool and you have magiced it up better than I could have hoped for. Cheers!
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Just updated the script so the menu doesnt dissapear, it was creating some lag + bug where TVPaint activated inlay view and lots of people where confused
+ Now it shows on the button that options are to be set by clicking with alt, and the script should start using the correct parameters
Attachments
OTANO OOP Tools v05.tvpx
(365 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
Working on Windows 10
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Thank you Nathan! It's really such a useful script
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Did a small update of the script with bugfixes and a link to this page for instructions

Bugfixes :
- Options setted to "Yes" by default are correctly activated on first use (hide lightable and hide current himage)
- Brush no longer switches to "Color" mode after set script is used
Attachments
OTANO OOP Tools v06.tvpx
(422.5 KiB) Downloaded 452 times
Working on Windows 10
tribute27

Post by tribute27 »

I've been using this script for years and after all this time it's still one of my top favorites, thank you for creating it and keeping it updated!
Windows 10 64-bit | AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | TVPaint Animation 11 Pro WIBU (11.7.1-64 bits) | Wacom Cintiq Pro 27