Merge clip

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
Elodie

Merge clip

Post by Elodie »

Here is a panel to copy layers from next clip and paste them after the layers of the current clip.
MergeClip.tvpx.zip
(6.06 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
merge.png
merge.png (29.81 KiB) Viewed 1540 times
malcooning

Re: Merger clip

Post by malcooning »

Thank you,
From the little I tested, this works well and is a very welcome function to add to the project panel.
Impressively, the action employs all 9 available command lines.
Maybe, in a similar fashion, a script for merging several clips can created? (with the aim of placing layers sequentially - next clip layer at the end of current clip).
Cheers.
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

You are welcome. I'll see with Hervé if it's possible to improve that function =)

But make it possible for merging only 2 clips together was already very long to script (as you can see ^^) and I'm not sure it will be possible just with scripts, but who knows =)
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

I like this too! At first I was disappointed that in the consistency of all other TVP mergers it didn't create a new project made of the two clips, until I realized that to join clip after clip, after clip it would not work to create a new project. You have to stay within the first one to combine the other clips. I also at first agreed with what Asaf suggested until I realized that it could create a mess and that it is best if one makes adjustments to the distribution of layers one clip at a time. I know I will be using this script in the future. Thanks, Herve!
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

malcooning wrote: ...with the aim of placing layers sequentially - next clip layer at the end of current clip...
Layers can be completely different and incompatible, the start/stop position can be not aligned, layer count not equal, how to merge XSheet layer with anim layer, different density or blending mode...
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

Hervé wrote: Layers can be completely different and incompatible, the start/stop position can be not aligned, layer count not equal, how to merge XSheet layer with anim layer, different density or blending mode...
Ah, no, I didn't mean that layers of one clip will be joined in with the layers of another clip. I meant, just as you did with this merger here, layers of clips will be copied and placed in sequential orders at the end of previous clip's layer, and placed above all the previous clip's layer. So clip 1 has several layers, the longer of which ends at frame 99. the layers of the clip 2 will be placed frame 100 onward, and will be the top most in the hierarchy.
If there'll be Xsheet layers, there could be a warning that says merging of Xsheet layers is not possible, so it's up to the user to convert them to regular layers, or they can be converted automatically to regular layers. I don't see problem with blending modes because the layers will simply be copied from one clip to another, and placed as separate layers. Same goes for Opacity.

Basically, it's just a shortcut to copying all layer and pasting them into one clip. We can do this manually, but it's time consuming and requires much concentration, especially if you have many clips for a single sequence.
CartoonMonkey

Post by CartoonMonkey »

What I've never understood about using clips, is this: Integration with the soundtrack!

In my experiments, when loading a long bed of music that covers the whole film, the sound doesn't get divided amongst the clips, does it?
How do you play an entire series of clips as one continuous project, and still hear all the audio?