ToolHelp: A Button Set

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
Svengali

ToolHelp: A Button Set

Post by Svengali »

ToolHelp: a three-button set

Here are three handy buttons that I use when working with custom brush tools.
ToolHelp.jpg
ToolHelp.jpg (8.44 KiB) Viewed 1466 times
1. LazyMouse Button: lets you set the smoothing distance (the interval between cursor and brush) for ALL brushes. A shortcut key can be assigned to the ToolHelp/LazyMouse button so the menu pops up at the cursor location.

2. ToolInfo Button: gives you the current ShapeInfo and ToolInfo parameters for the current brush. I use this button to analyze all of the settings for a brush or tool when I work on George scripts. Note that after the ShapeInfo, the ToolInfo is broken down into two parts for easier display.

3. BrushRemix Button:
This button can be used to quickly try out different cutbrush or animbrush images to an existing set of tool parameters. This works because the parameters and the brush image can be stored separately.

To use, you must click the BrushRemix button twice

First, select any existing brush which already has a specific set of parameters assigned to it. Click BrushRemix and choose "Store Brush Parameters", the first menu option which saves the parameters.

Second, load a cutbrush or animbrush that you have created. Press the BrushRemix button again and this time choose "Remix CutBrush with Stored Parameters", the second menu option.

This marries the old tool parameters with the new (cutbrush or animbrush image). Save the result if you like it... or repeatedly select another cutbrush or animbrush and click the second option again until you find a brush tool you do like.

Sven
Attachments
ToolHelp.tvpx
updated 2/11/2014
(210.5 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
Last edited by Svengali on 11 Feb 2014, 06:03, edited 1 time in total.
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Elodie

Re: ToolHelp: A Button Set

Post by Elodie »

Thank you for sharing ^^
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Wow! That Brush Remix Button is going to help a lot with creating new custombrushes.
Thanks a million, Sven. It is one heck of a smart panel!
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Sewie wrote:Wow! That Brush Remix Button is going to help a lot with creating new custombrushes.
Thanks a million, Sven. It is one heck of a smart panel!
Thanks Sewie - I've just uploaded an improved version of the Brush Remix Button script that handles the merge between old brush parameters and the new cutbrush or animbrush much better... you should download this new one and try it.

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB