Change ALT shortcut

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
schwarzgrau

Change ALT shortcut

Post by schwarzgrau »

I know this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the thread.
It would be really great if you could change the shortcut for panning from ALT to something else.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
meslin

Re: Change ALT shortcut

Post by meslin »

You're probably aware of this, but as a stopgap, this can be approximated with Autohotkey (free) (Windows) or ControllerMate ($25) (OS X). You could replace your normal TVPaint executable with a batch file which runs your TVPaint executable and the associated AutoHotkey script to remap the alt key to the spacebar (or whatever).
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

schwarzgrau wrote:I know this has been asked before, but I couldn't find the thread.
It would be really great if you could change the shortcut for panning from ALT to something else.
It would be great indeed, but that's not possible in the current engine.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

haha, each time I read this I think of it as a running gag :mrgreen: it's like the perfect sentence to respond to any question. Perfect private joke for TVP forum members :D

"Could you animate more quickly?"
"Can you pay me a little more?"
"Could you layout your storyboard for the same salary?"
(no offense intended I perfectly understand the meaning of the response)
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

meslin wrote:You're probably aware of this, but as a stopgap, this can be approximated with Autohotkey (free) (Windows) or ControllerMate ($25) (OS X). You could replace your normal TVPaint executable with a batch file which runs your TVPaint executable and the associated AutoHotkey script to remap the alt key to the spacebar (or whatever).
That's my problem. I've been using Controllermate for years and I LOVE it. A few month ago I bought a Cintiq Companion and therefore I learned a bit AutoHotKey scripting. I used the Wacom Driver to map F20 to one of my buttons (since I never use F20). Then I mapped ALT to it, using Autohotkey. Now I would love to add another shortcut to that button, if you double-tapp it. The script works great, if you don't use it with the ALT key, cause a single ALT press sets the focus of the current application to the menubar (explanation for all non-windows user here). So instead of sending ALT with the first press and lets say F with the second press of the double tapping, it sends ALT and then searches for some word starting with F in the menubar. Everything else than ALT would be a huge help. Or maybe somebody knows a way to disable this menubar focus on windows.

NathanOtano wrote: haha, each time I read this I think of it as a running gag :mrgreen: it's like the perfect sentence to respond to any question. Perfect private joke for TVP forum members :D
hehe I thought something similar this time.

Oh and thank you for your reply Thierry. It's a pity it isn't possible.
INSTAGRAM
meslin

Post by meslin »

It appears that you can use AutoHotkey to override the system-wide use of the Alt key as the menu-focus key: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1393 ... s-menu-key
(Warning, you would use functionality of Alt+Tab and combos like that...)
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Ah great, thank you.
INSTAGRAM