Save multi-backup versions in subfolder

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
NathanOtano

Save multi-backup versions in subfolder

Post by NathanOtano »

Hey!

I'd like to save my verions of the multi-backup function in the "project's save directory" and not in a tmp folder somewhere that will vary beetween my computers. But the current naming of the fils in really confusing, as they come after the actual file and some collaborator's are confused. So I see two solutions for me :
- Being able to choose a better naming convention for those files to sort them at the beginning, or the end, or before the actual files of a folder.
- Being able to choose to save them in a subfolder "tvp_backups" just next to the backupped files. That way no confusion with the actual files to use but the backups are still next to the files, and you can easily delete the whole folder if not needed.

Nathan :)
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
schwarzgrau

Re: Save multi-backup versions in subfolder

Post by schwarzgrau »

I guess I don't understand your request like it's meant to be, cause you can set a directory to save the multi-backup-files to. I got one folder in my project where all multi-backup files get saved too and once or twice in a week I delete the old ones.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

In fact I want a subfolder in each folder I work in. If i work on another project, I want my subfoler within the folder of this project. When i go back to the old project, it is now saved at this different directory in a subfolder also, with the same name.

Does it make sense?
I never have all my animation scenes/layout/storyboard in the same folder, shots are sorted by their name with a folder for each, and the whole pipeline of each shot are in this shot folder.
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Ah ok, now I got it. Ya, this would be pretty useful.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM