Dust and Dirt Cleaner FX?

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Fabrice

Re: Dust and Dirt Cleaner FX?

Post by Fabrice »

Thanks for the images.
use the selection tools to work in the wanted area and then use the Stylise > Erode FX.
it should help.

but 4K, 8K, or anything else (tablet model, etc ...) I also don't get how you get that much artefacts.
Red-Turtle was animated in 4K (so much more for panning sequences), there was no "dust" like this.
Fabrice Debarge
TheQuestionMark

Post by TheQuestionMark »

Fabrice wrote:Thanks for the images.
use the selection tools to work in the wanted area and then use the Stylise > Erode FX.
it should help.

but 4K, 8K, or anything else (tablet model, etc ...) I also don't get how you get that much artefacts.
Red-Turtle was animated in 4K (so much more for panning sequences), there was no "dust" like this.

But how would I would I clean the more detail area drawings with alot of crevices such as folded skirts or the hair such as user guide link? Like I said if you draw a thin line you'll get alot of artifacts, it's more worser than shown due to it's packed near the line images, folded area with lots lines shapes in between. Just try emulate the line work of God Eater Anime seires you'll hit alot of artifacts, http://www.crunchyroll.com/god-eater/ep ... ugi-684475" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; 1080p if you have premium or find another site, 1080p.

Really?... have you look at art streams they are drawing by 1080p resolution and they are getting dots and artifacts on their drawing. Twitch, Picarto, NicoNico, and Bilibili when I look at when they draw they always have dots and artifacts, they have to time consumingly have to erase them. Which it can be done 5 seconds with 'Dust Remove'. They use Sai since they can't afford Clip Paint? When I look at other artists, they gets dots and artifacts too when they draw, not just me and I'm 4K. Should I be screaming at them, of how they can they get dots and artifacts at 1080p Resolution? And some of them are zooming like microscopes at and above 150%% magnification on 1080p and they still get dust and artifacts.
Windows 10 64-Bit TvPaint Professional 11.5.3 (64-Bit)
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

TheQuestionMark wrote: Like I said if you draw a thin line you'll get alot of artifacts,
No, you dont. if you draw with a thin line you get ...a thin line.
TheQuestionMark wrote: Just try emulate the line work of God Eater Anime seires you'll hit alot of artifacts
No, YOU try and emulate it and then when things turn funny, you can show us what the problem is, and then we can help you!

the dots in your example were not artifacts but drawn in by hand.
maybe this was an attempt to simulate the problem, but we need the actual artifacts to be able to help you.
Last edited by Peter Wassink on 08 Dec 2016, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

slowtiger wrote:I
(Igor Kovalyov and Priit Pärn would never use this.)
hahaha.... they'd probably pay extra if tvpaint would only create such artifacts.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

There is always room for better FX and options, but so far ... we work with a bunch of studios in Japan and none of them told us about artifacts like those.
So I'm curious about your question.
Can you record yourself while drawing and post a video ? I'd like to see how you put yourself in such a situation before thinking about fixing it.
Fabrice Debarge
TheQuestionMark

Peter Wassink wrote:
TheQuestionMark wrote: Like I said if you draw a thin line you'll get alot of artifacts,
No, you dont. if you draw with a thin line you get ...a thin line.
TheQuestionMark wrote: Just try emulate the line work of God Eater Anime seires you'll hit alot of artifacts
No, YOU try and emulate it and then when things turn funny, you can show us what the problem is, and then we can help you!

the dots in your example were not artifacts but drawn in by hand.
maybe this was an attempt to simulate the problem, but we need the actual artifacts to be able to help you.
But the dots it does happen. It didn't happen on just one drawing, it happen when I drew 120 images before and they have alot 'dots + artifacts' in them, I know see and encounter those 'dots + artifacts' from drawing them, I can't upload the other drawing to TVPaint because they're just naked drawings and I'm still figuring out on how to render in 4K. Also I'm trying hide my style and just trying to blend in, I don't draw well and I'm not good artist.
Peter Wassink wrote:No, you dont. if you draw with a thin line you get ...a thin line.
But when I look the Illustration from the Anime Studio side. I sense the strokes and the strokes are different and it's not like you talk. I've been trying to do those strokes lately and now it just feels like them. I think this is how the Studio draw.
Last edited by TheQuestionMark on 09 Dec 2016, 16:08, edited 2 times in total.
TheQuestionMark

Fabrice wrote:There is always room for better FX and options, but so far ... we work with a bunch of studios in Japan and none of them told us about artifacts like those.
So I'm curious about your question.
Can you record yourself while drawing and post a video ? I'd like to see how you put yourself in such a situation before thinking about fixing it.
But the Japan Studios are still stuck in 1080p. And Only? Ghibil Studio is doing 4K.

Mmmmm...I'm really shy in doing this. Should the recording be on Youtube.... or TVPaint's Software recording, I don't know to do the recording of TVPaint's?

Wait until the Cintiq 16 Pro comes out which comes out in 2017, I'm sure the problem will shore up. You say there won't be problem when they come out....is it wrong to doubt? I don't spend alot of money for cintiq only to regret that it'll create trillions of 'dust'. I already look at some the anime the interview, some of the anime studio are drawing from Cintiq 13 1080p. Trust me it's going to be big problem when the new Cintiqs come out! My arms are really short I can only handle 16' or less from the Cintiq. :cry:
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

But the Japan Studios are still stuck in 1080p. And Only? Ghibil Studio is doing 4K.
There are more and more studios in Japan using 4K. Not only Ghibli.
Mmmmm...I'm really shy in doing this. Should the recording be on Youtube.... or TVPaint's Software recording, I don't know to do the recording of TVPaint's?
To record : There is the option "tutorial recorder" in the "custom panels" menu.
To publish : Vimeo should allow you to have a video privately published, with a password.
I understand you are shy, but don't : you never saw me drawing ...
Also I think it's better to have a problem fixed at the end.
Wait until the Cintiq 16 Pro comes out which comes out in 2017, I'm sure the problem will shore up. You say there won't be problem when they come out....is it wrong to doubt?
I don't spend alot of money for cintiq only to regret that it'll create trillions of 'dust'. I already look at some the anime the interview, some of the anime studio are drawing from Cintiq 13 1080p. Trust me it's going to be big problem when the new Cintiqs come out! My arms are really short I can only handle 16' or less from the Cintiq. :cry:
I tried the software with the Mobile 13 one month ago. I tried the Mobile 16 yesterday (Special thanks : Yann @ Wacom France !) :
No problem except you have to double the size of the interface with TVPaint (and NOT let windows do it for you, because Windows automatic resize doesn't work well).
We will try to have this workaround natively in the v11.5, if possible.

Thierry will create a post about it monday and put it in sticky in both occidental and japanese TVPaint forums.
Fabrice Debarge
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

I'd really like to set up a video camera at your workplace and watch you drawing. For me, the dots in your example image look like you've touched the screen accidentially multiple times, which of courses leaves a dot while you're in some drawing tool. This is easy to prevent. Just watch your habits. Maybe you click in the work area just to re-focus TVP when returning from another program? I've trained myself to only use the gray area outside of my image to do so.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

what if you unactivate the touch on your tablet ?
Fabrice Debarge
TheQuestionMark

Fabrice wrote:what if you unactivate the touch on your tablet ?
Hahaha...I'm still Intous 4XL it doesn't have touch. But I'm looking to get and Cintiq Pro 16 at late mid 2017 when I think I can afford it.
slowtiger wrote:I'd really like to set up a video camera at your workplace and watch you drawing. For me, the dots in your example image look like you've touched the screen accidentially multiple times, which of courses leaves a dot while you're in some drawing tool. This is easy to prevent. Just watch your habits. Maybe you click in the work area just to re-focus TVP when returning from another program? I've trained myself to only use the gray area outside of my image to do so.
You're right! I do click back and forward. Looking at reference and going back to TVPaint. Also replying to stream chat while streaming. I think I'll try it out and see what happens.
TheQuestionMark

Hmmmm it's a really laggy when using the 'Tutorial Recorder' I don't think I can draw from it. But It's less laggy when I use the Drawing Recorder though. I think I may have OBS Studio to record. I was hoping to use the Drawing Recorder so you can see the drawing uncompress and the full resolution. Also maybe? the artifact might fizz(not disappear and still clearly visible) if I were to use 1080 Resolution Video.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

well, it's up to you.
as soon as you have a video let us know. We will try to help.
Fabrice Debarge