multiple layers as source for keyframer

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
hisko

multiple layers as source for keyframer

Post by hisko »

Wouldn't it be a good idea to make it possible to use more than one layer as source for the keyframer?
Now it's possible to choose between display, project, current layer and another layer, but sometimes a character is build out of 3 layers that have to move at the same time.
Of course it's possible to use display as source, but then the display and the new layer are visible at the same time, making it hard to see what I'm doing.

Cheers, Hisko
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

hisko wrote:... Of course it's possible to use display as source, but then the display and the new layer are visible at the same time, making it hard to see what I'm doing.
I can see 2 ways actually to achieve that :

1) - Duplicate Project,
one as source (the 3 character's layers visible),
but hide them in the destination project where you will apply the Keyframer FX,

2) - Offset in the timeline your target (FX) AnimLayer,
to make it start after the end of the 3 character's layers source,
then set the Render/Source to "Display", and "Offset" (negative value)
so the first frame of your character appear into the first frame of your KF layer.
(hmmm... see pict., longer to explain tha to do! ) :wink:
Attachments
KF-RenderOffset.png
KF-RenderOffset.png (8.49 KiB) Viewed 13021 times
hisko

Post by hisko »

Thanks a lot, Zig0tto. That works fine.
hisko

layersets?

Post by hisko »

The workarounds that Zigotto suggests work, but if I want to use tvpaint to make moving storyboards for commercials under big timepressure (sometimes I have to make 25 drawings a day), it's really to complicated.

A really good solution would be if:
1. it's made possible to use more than one layer as source for the keyframer, as mentioned before.
2. If it's possible to make layersets (as in Photoshop, after effects, painter etc.) and use them as source for the keyframer.