Is TVPAINT still being actively developed?

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
cgmodeler

Is TVPAINT still being actively developed?

Post by cgmodeler »

Hello guys, specially to the TVPAINT team, this is a question that might sound a bit harsh but I'm wondering if TVPAINT is still in development, personally I've seen a huge change when it comes to support, not only during the COVID lockdown but even months before that.

For all of us the software has been an investment and we are still developing tools and solutions for it but the support and the response rate from the developers has fallen to almost non existent wether it's on the forum or the contact form.

Is there a reason for this besides COVID, it's been 6 months since the Covid lockdown post (http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php? ... 2016a16b1b) or once the lockdown ends things will go back to normal?

Thanks
www.cocoalopez.com
vimeo / 156794487
Desktop: TVP Pro 11.0.8 - 64bit Win 7 x64 48GB RAM - GTX1070 - Cintiq 27QHD Driver 6.3.29
Dean
Site Admin

Re: Is TVPAINT still being actively developed?

Post by Dean »

Hello cgmodeler,
TVPaint is still being developed indeed. The COVID lockdown might have slowed down our response time but still we worked to help every user in need.

Regarding the contact form, we have answered your previous requests, including the one about camera movement, now it was also posted on the forum and it appears we forgot to answer it here as well.

Our team is still active on the forum, though we sometimes prefer to contact users directly, especially if they have sent a contact form request at the same time for the same matter.
And we plan to continue doing so, sometimes even during weekends :P
Probably a vampire
cgmodeler

Post by cgmodeler »

Thank you Dean for the reply,

Just to clarify, the forum post was written 1 week before requesting the ticket, since no reply on the forum was made I went and asked directly just in case the forum post was not seen.

So there wasn't a request and a forum post at the same time.

I really hope things go back to normal, it will seem to me that ever since the OG TVPAINT team was let go, things have gone downhill when it comes to development and it has been up to the community to solve most of the user's issues.
www.cocoalopez.com
vimeo / 156794487
Desktop: TVP Pro 11.0.8 - 64bit Win 7 x64 48GB RAM - GTX1070 - Cintiq 27QHD Driver 6.3.29
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Sure, we're at work !! :mrgreen:

The version 11 was really a masterpiece, and yet some of us were not even there. Now we want to do better than the v11, so it takes time... especially given the difficulties you know.