ANDROID version suggestions, S-pen/Wacom pen controls

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
TVPUSER

ANDROID version suggestions, S-pen/Wacom pen controls

Post by TVPUSER »

Hi I recently used the android edition of TVPaint and I am very impressed with how well it works with samsung tablets so far.
Right now TVPaint feels very close to the desktop version which is fine by me! I think there needs to be a little more control for the pen button functions available for the tablets that use wacom technologies.

I was trying out Infinite Painter and I was really impressed with how much control you had over the pen functons inside the software.
I've atatched images to show what I mean

Note that there is even the option to change more than one pen button which refers to the myriad of styluses that work with the wacom EMR Digitizer, a welcome feature!
-------------
There is even global control over 3 pen curve options, Not super needed because you can already individually change the curves on individual brushes but I think it may still be useful, but not essential.
-------------
The ability to hide the navigation bar is also useful; using a swipe up gesture to bring it back temporarily, again not essential but would be welcome!
-------------
The last suggestion would really help with a screen like mines, my tablet screen is 11 inches at 2560x1600
The resolution scaling options are not very granular. Resolution scaling 1 makes everything too small.. Resolution scaling 2 makes everything too big!
I think the option of going in half increments would really help with many of these android tablets as they tend to be high resolution small screens.
-------------
Thanks for reading this long post, these are the major things I think will drastically improve the usability of the android version of TVPaint, I know the demographic using this version is small so I hope you guys have time to work on these quality of life features still! :oops:
TVPaint 11.7 Pro 64, Windows 10 Home
i7-8700k, 48GB, RTX 2080 8G, Cintiq Pro 24 (3840x2160)
schwarzgrau

Re: ANDROID version suggestions, S-pen/Wacom pen controls

Post by schwarzgrau »

That's some great suggestion
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

+1. I agree, those are some very good suggestions for the Android version of TVPaint. More versatility with the pen settings as shown above with the Infinite Painter settings would incline me towards trying an Android tablet again so I have a way to use TVPaint "on the go".

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

+1
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

By the way I've tried Infinite painter (didn't know it before) and it became instantly my default drawing app (beneath heavy paint). It's really great if you can customize the stylus that much.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM