Repeat Image Feature set range

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
schwarzgrau

Repeat Image Feature set range

Post by schwarzgrau »

Yesterday, while I had to animate a wagging tail I (finally!) discovered the Repeat Image Feature and was sooooo excited. That's such a great feature, I wonder why it took me so long to discover it. So first of all, thank you for this great feature!

While it's great I think it could be improved by setting the looping range in an easier way.
Currently it looks like this
RI01.jpg

But it would be great if there would be a better indicator which frames get looped. Something like this
RI02.jpg

Or maybe even a bar, which in and out points you could adjust with your cursor
RI03.jpg

I don't know if any of this would be possible with the current core, but it would be great. However, thank you for this feature again.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Peter Wassink

Re: Repeat Image Feature set range

Post by Peter Wassink »

Haha, isn't it nice how tvpaint can still surprise you after many years.

your suggestions are great, though i'm not sure how hight they curently would fit.... priority wise.
As i was thinking about them, and also reading the request for improvement of the progres profile.
i thought maybe we could try and think bigger(=further into the future.)
instead of adding yet another interface element on top of the rest, rethink the way the timeline displays both drawings and effects.

we could introduce FX layers that contain the timerelated elements of the fxstack like the FX-keys but with integrated spline graphs

then the repeat image function could also be displayed there and it could look like you proposed in that third image, but displayed in the fxlayers portion of the layerpanel.

ah well nevermind... i think i'm now proposing to add aftereffects into tvpaint...
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Peter Wassink wrote: 27 Jul 2021, 11:15 ah well nevermind... i think i'm now proposing to add aftereffects into tvpaint...
Haha I thought "Oh great idea", till I read this sentence.
But at least have a better indication of the repeated frames would be really nice. And you're right maybe nothing for V11 but maybe something to consider for V12
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
condepablo

Post by condepablo »

Hi there. Another think it would be great for the repeat image is if it would be able to work on draws (instead of frames), so you could be able to retiming and the repeat image will still repeating the same ammount of draws.
and when you put it on random, should be respect the exposure too. otherwise, if you are working on 2s or 3s, the randow works on 1s and it´s not useful
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

I agree that alternatively, looping instances instead of a timing would be awesome :)
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Here's a script I wrote in 2021 that lets you mark/unmark FF-type repeats (loop, pingpong, random) and prepare exposure frames for export. Might be useful...
RepeatImages.png
RepeatImages.png (23.64 KiB) Viewed 3894 times
Option 3 (the export option) owes credit to schwarzgrau for his scripting merge innovation!

sven
Attachments
Show Repeats.tvpx
(99 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Awesome :)
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.