Rename brushes saved to Bin

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
D.T. Nethery

Rename brushes saved to Bin

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Would it be possible to add the capability for Rename Brushes saved to the tools Bin ? My example on attached screen shots is of a custom Eraser but the improvement would apply to any tool saved in a Bin.
Customized Eraser Brush.jpg
Custom Eraser Brush in Bin.jpg
Add Rename Brush.jpg
Add Rename Brush.jpg (68.15 KiB) Viewed 2903 times

I'm aware that I can create a new Custom Panel and grab the customized brush to keep it in the Custom Panel , where I can assign a specific name to the brush , but sometimes I wouldn't mind just keeping them in the bin rather than have yet another custom panel to keep track of in the side storage drawers.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Peter Wassink

Re: Rename brushes saved to Bin

Post by Peter Wassink »

Yes, good idea. maybe also show this name (or the size... and maybe A color) in the Tool memory.
Tool memory.png
Tool memory.png (24.08 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
tool-mem-idea.png
tool-mem-idea.png (20 KiB) Viewed 2673 times
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 21:50 Would it be possible to add the capability for Rename Brushes saved to the tools Bin ? My example on attached screen shots is of a custom Eraser but the improvement would apply to any tool saved in a Bin.
I like the idea :) It should be quick to do.
Peter Wassink wrote: 26 Apr 2022, 23:15 Yes, good idea. maybe also show this name (or the size... and maybe A color) in the Tool memory.
We'll think about this too. But it will take a bit more time to do !
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Xavier wrote: 27 Apr 2022, 12:58
D.T. Nethery wrote: 17 Apr 2022, 21:50 Would it be possible to add the capability for Rename Brushes saved to the tools Bin ? My example on attached screen shots is of a custom Eraser but the improvement would apply to any tool saved in a Bin.
I like the idea :) It should be quick to do.
done !
Capture d’écran_2022-04-27_13-13-59.png
Capture d’écran_2022-04-27_13-13-59.png (22.86 KiB) Viewed 2640 times
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Perhaps not so easy to correct is "Tool Memory". The fact is that a new tool entry is generated each time the SAME BRUSH entry makes a simple transformational attribute change... soon filling up Tool Memory with slightly changed copies of the same brush.

The Tool Memory would be much more useful when working with a few simple tools if transformational changes were simply updated for the SAME BRUSH entry in Tool Memory. That might also make sense when color changes are made for the SAME BRUSH entry.

Does anybody else find the flooding of Tool Memory with multiple, simple variation-copies of the SAME BRUSH to be annoying, to the point of dismissal of Tool Memory as a viable way to store a small number of tools currently being used during drawing?

The advantage would be that individual brushes in Tool Memory, updated with transformational or color updates REMAIN select-able. It also might make sense for to update a change in the selected frame of an animbrush stored in Tool memory?

Thoughts? Personal experiences with Tool Memory? Alternatives to how it now works?

One final annoyance, selecting a tool from Tool Memory re-positions the tool to the most recent slot, so the contents of Tool Memory are constantly rearranged each time it is used to reload a recently used tool.
sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB