Animatic Requests.

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Fabrice

Re: Animatic Requests.

Post by Fabrice »

MrChoy wrote:Sad to say I have pretty much given up on the 'animatic' feature. I now just export the stills and edit them in Sony Vegas. It is way quicker with that work flow.
Hopefully in the future this aspect of TVP can be enhanced.
we are aware of the limiations of the tool, and some changes are already in the "to do" list.
but I'm curious, what would be the most helpful for you ?
Fabrice Debarge
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

While waiting for the answer :wink: it occurred to me that the ideal setup might be to have both Project views visible and active at the same time. While stretching and shrinking the clips in the Project Tab's Timeline view on one screen, we could work on the layers in the dual screen. Wouldn't that give us the best of both wolds?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I already had this kind of feature request (about having the storyboard and the layer stack at the same time). that makes sense for me, but I don't know if it's possible to do. It's time for a developer to bring his voice ^^
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

IMO, it adds some development, since you will need to update a windows as soon as you change something in the other one (for exemple a clip lengh or soundtrack).
Some other focus problems might occur too. (for exemple : when do we know that you want to move a clip ? When do we know that you want to enter and work in it ?)

I would say "not impossible in itself", but maybe not an easy and fast development + some unknown/un-anticipated interface problems.
Fabrice Debarge
Peter Wassink

Re: Animatic Requests: Rolling Edit

Post by Peter Wassink »

i'd like to bring this thread back up.
I request you introduce the rolling edit option in the project view

i'm currently working on an animatic and have great difficulty re-timing it
what i miss in the project timeline are handles like we have in the clip timeline.
Now when i change the length of a clip, all the following clips move with it, the total project length changes ,
sometimes this is what you want .
But other times i only want to adjust the position of a cut between two clips, without it affecting the position of all the following clips.
Its a very basic thing that shouldn't be to difficult to achieve in the current architecture ( not as complex as say...introducing layers in the project view )
in fact this seems rather easy!
Just a case of shifting the out point of one clip while simultaneously shifting the in-point of the next for the same amount.
when the in and out point of the following clip hit the same frame then this clip gets hidden and the in point of the next clip can be adjusted

i like the solution that was mentioned in this thread of adding handles similar to those in the clip timeline view.
this would give great consistancy(my favourite tvpaint improvement word) in the user experience.

Another problem regarding this is the sound.
when changing the layerlength for one clip and as the following clips shift their position the sounds remains put, resulting in an off-sync sequence.
project timeline.gif
project timeline.gif (41.07 KiB) Viewed 15263 times
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Excellent suggestion Peter. +1 from me.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Me too! +1
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM