Dock Timeline on top

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Lukas

Dock Timeline on top

Post by Lukas »

Right now we can dock the timeline in the bottom, or use vertical timeline (dock it on the right)

I'd love to be able to dock it on top.

I have hidden the menu panel, because I don't need those buttons. But I do need visual info of the timeline, so my timeline is almost always visible.

When drawing, for me its much easier on the bottom half of the cintiq (maybe I've got short arms? :P)

So if I could dock my timeline in the top of the window that would be super nice. I use the arrow keys to navigate the timeline anyway.
  • Club Baboo
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.2
  • macOS Ventura 13.4.1 & Windows 10
  • Cintiq 27QHD
neonnoodle

Re: Dock Timeline on top

Post by neonnoodle »

+1!
swiftsketcher

Post by swiftsketcher »

+1 +1 +1

I've recently realized how much I tend to lower the canvas since I draw lower on the screen, but the timeline is in the way. An option to switch orientation would be cool!
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

There's something I don't understand; what's wrong with just moving the panel up there, where you would like to have it? It stays in place doesn't it? I ask because I have one of my rooms setup that way -- the room I use for lipsynching. I keep the layers at the top and the project screen just below and it always stays that way.

It now occurs to me that you might not realize that by double clicking on the top bar of the timeline panel you will undock it and be able to float it around. Is this the issue?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Lukas

Post by Lukas »

I simply like my timelines docked :) It feels more compact and less wonky.
  • Club Baboo
  • TVPaint Pro 11.7.2
  • macOS Ventura 13.4.1 & Windows 10
  • Cintiq 27QHD
Paul Fierlinger

:roll: You need to get back to drawing....
Paul
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

I wish to undock my timeline so to move it to my other monitor. But the strip you must double click is hidden at the top where it is docked to (under?) the TVP strip at the very top of the screen. So neither can I access the on-line tutorials or the Windows drop down and I forget what else because it's covered by the docked stubborn timeline. Is there some other way to undock it?

I finally was able to access the necessary top strip of the timeline to undock it by changing resolution. The 5th resolution I tried did the trick.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
Paul Fierlinger

Another trick is to just raise the position of the monitor in Nvidia's software graph (I imagine other graphics cards have a similar arrangement). This will cut off the bottom of TVP's GUI while adding space above the top. After you get the bar released, just reposition the monitor in the graph to where it belongs.
Paul
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

+1

I never thought about docking the timeline and other controls above everything but I think its a good option. I like that it would shift the drawing area down, but it also would make the F (auto-fit) display option more accurate and relevant. A second benefit might be that in auto-hide mode, it is up out of the way and won't trigger accidentally (like it does when you change rooms or use the task bar.)

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Paul Fierlinger

I have a designated monitor just for the Layers Panel so that I can have in full view a maximum of layers. But it has happened on occasions that I moved the panel a bit too high where it gets stuck beyond retrieval, just the way Sierra describes this. That is why( and how) I learned to make room on my monitor to get hold of the top bar through nVIDIA's software. Sierra's system is just as good but I thought I should describe mine as well to give more options to anyone who visits the thread in the future.
Paul
neonnoodle

Post by neonnoodle »

+1
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

Whatever works...I'm glad to have another idea....thanks, Paul...long time no connect..I still think of you and Sandra often with much appreciation.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I todolist this ! :)
Sierra Rose

Post by Sierra Rose »

:D
Elodie wrote:I todolist this ! :)
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
Agris

Post by Agris »

Googled and found this.
Also +1 from me. Much easier to draw on lower part on Cintiq. I'd love to dock timeline on top as well!