Masking

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Trumpatrick

Re: Masking

Post by Trumpatrick »

Like Peter says, the erase function already allows for some non-destructive edits, while I always believed (and more or less told, here on the forum) that it was part of TvPaint's core structure that everything always had to be rendered out to definitive pixels. Apparently that's not the case. I like what Peter is suggesting, having a layer mask would already be an improvement. But Lukas' demo-video shows the functionality of a clipping mask, which would be fantastic to have. Of course I have no idea how complex this is, but the fact that the program already offers options that are half way there, makes me anxious to see this option fully realized. Fabrice, do you think there is a possibility, or is it really too complex?
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

I would also like a clipping mask.

What about making a new blending mode called 'clippingmask'
It works like the erase blending mode, but only on the first layer beneath it. Does it make sense? Would it be possible?

Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

Oh, yes. +1!
That would be a very powerful addition to the TVP tools.

But please, if you can, make sure that it can be imported into Photoshop as a clipping mask, and vice versa.
Though I suspect that you'll need Adobe's support for that...
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM