faux fixe ping pong is never possible on two's

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
furushil

faux fixe ping pong is never possible on two's

Post by furushil »

Hello,

for quite a while now I noticed that the faux-fixe "ping-pong" option never works when the exposure of a frame is greater then 1.
So if the animation is on "2s" it never works right.

I perfectly understand why it is not working but I was also wondering if this could get fixed somehow.
Would it be possible that the faux-fixe takes the exposure of a frame into account and would someone find this also useful?

Right now if the frames go like this -> 11-22-33-44 (blue for second exposure) the ping pong will be 11223344-433221-11223344
The right way obviously would be 11223344-3322-11223344
MAC OS 12.6.2 - TVpaint 11.7.1 PRO 64bit, Wacom Intuos Pro
habashtvpaint

Re: faux fixe ping pong is never possible on two's

Post by habashtvpaint »

Thank furushil for addressing this. it has been a confusing feature but very necessary still. so it will be great to see it enhanced at some point.

I generally find it confusing that applying the repeat function will apply above the last frame exposure! like this:
Current repetition
Current repetition
001.jpg (42.67 KiB) Viewed 13053 times
I suggest a better visual representation to indicate that the previous sequence is repeated (it can be in a new frame exposure with maybe slight colour change of the repeated frames, or an icon within the repeated frames) please see some suggestions here

for loop
repeat suggestion 'loop'
repeat suggestion 'loop'
loop01.jpg (36.75 KiB) Viewed 13053 times
for pingpong
repeat suggestion 'pingpong'
repeat suggestion 'pingpong'
pingpong01.jpg (37.76 KiB) Viewed 13053 times
for random... I had fund making this icon to be similar to TVP style :)
repeat suggestion 'random'
repeat suggestion 'random'
random01.jpg (37.26 KiB) Viewed 13053 times
in addition, at the moment if you break the instance of a repeated exposure it results on new frames of only the first image of the repeated sequence, like this:
current bake
current bake
bake01.jpg (34.93 KiB) Viewed 13053 times
the ability to bake the repetition would be great too! don't you think?

Thanks
A.
--
Animator for Life
Mac | 3.5GHz i7 | 24GB RAM | OSX 10.9 | TVP 11 Pro 64bit
furushil

Post by furushil »

I generally only have a problem with the ping pong because it is not working properly when the animation is on 2s.

The little symbols next to the repeat number would be an improvement I guess. I personally always know what kind of repeat I used but if I would give my scene to someone else, it would be more clear to them which repeat option was used.
habashtvpaint wrote:the ability to bake the repetition would be great too! don't you think?
This is actually possible. You have to do the following: Start at the end of the repeat and just make a small dot with the eraser somewhere to break the instance. Select the rest of the repeat and hit enter. (Auto-break should be on for this)
MAC OS 12.6.2 - TVpaint 11.7.1 PRO 64bit, Wacom Intuos Pro
habashtvpaint

Post by habashtvpaint »

furushil wrote: Start at the end of the repeat and just make a small dot with the eraser somewhere to break the instance. Select the rest of the repeat and hit enter. (Auto-break should be on for this)
I didn't know that, pretty forward I feel silly not trying it before :) thanks for the awesome tip.
I'll add this to the list of TVP tricky shortcuts
--
Animator for Life
Mac | 3.5GHz i7 | 24GB RAM | OSX 10.9 | TVP 11 Pro 64bit