iPad Pro version of TVPaint

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
D.T. Nethery

Re: iPad Pro version of TVPaint

Post by D.T. Nethery »

bazookash wrote:
opusanimo wrote:Maybe its time to wake this question again? Now when the Ipad Pro is out with a quite good press sencitive pen. Do you think you will reconcider releasing a version for it? Cheers / Per, Opus Animo
Yes.... I am willing to pay another full price to get IPad Pro edition..
I know Apple OSs (especially) is not programmer friendly, but I think it's worth to invest it. I am sure it will be game changer in Apple store. I am sure many animators will buy Tvpaint + Ipad more.
At least, not full feature one, Ipad pro edition or something.
Animation software in Apple market is not really great... yet..
I totally agree with opusanimo. Please reconsider it.
Not sure if this will happen any time soon (read the reasons given in the above thread) . but in the meantime one could use the Astropad app to work in TVPaint with iPad Pro and Apple Pencil . Of course you're not completely portable as if TVPaint were installed on the iPad and could be run independently on the iPad, you must be hooked up to a Mac computer to do this ... But I could see using this with my Macbook if I were on the go . Right now I carry a small size Wacom Intuos tablet , but if I had iPad Pro I'd use it with Astropad on my Macbook. Sort of portable ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouwCHT3rGRY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
bazookash

Post by bazookash »

D.T. Nethery wrote:
bazookash wrote:
opusanimo wrote:Maybe its time to wake this question again? Now when the Ipad Pro is out with a quite good press sencitive pen. Do you think you will reconcider releasing a version for it? Cheers / Per, Opus Animo
Yes.... I am willing to pay another full price to get IPad Pro edition..
I know Apple OSs (especially) is not programmer friendly, but I think it's worth to invest it. I am sure it will be game changer in Apple store. I am sure many animators will buy Tvpaint + Ipad more.
At least, not full feature one, Ipad pro edition or something.
Animation software in Apple market is not really great... yet..
I totally agree with opusanimo. Please reconsider it.
Not sure if this will happen any time soon (read the reasons given in the above thread) . but in the meantime one could use the Astropad app to work in TVPaint with iPad Pro and Apple Pencil . Of course you're not completely portable as if TVPaint were installed on the iPad and could be run independently on the iPad, you must be hooked up to a Mac computer to do this ... But I could see using this with my Macbook if I were on the go . Right now I carry a small size Wacom Intuos tablet , but if I had iPad Pro I'd use it with Astropad on my Macbook. Sort of portable ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouwCHT3rGRY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the tip, D.T.Nethery.
Yes, I've been using Astropad too, but there are few things I am not happy with...

thank you!!
neonnoodle

Post by neonnoodle »

Here's another option, from a small independent company (DigiCel) that does great work!

https://digicel.net/flippad/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I bought FlipBook (the PC version) years ago before discovering TVPaint and can attest to the fact that it is made with 2d animation in mind. Its development is guided by veteran 2D animators, and it's not a toy or silly gimmick program. I have not used the iPad version but it looks similar to the desktop program.
bazookash

Post by bazookash »

neonnoodle wrote:Here's another option, from a small independent company (DigiCel) that does great work!

I bought FlipBook (the PC version) years ago before discovering TVPaint and can attest to the fact that it is made with 2d animation in mind. Its development is guided by veteran 2D animators, and it's not a toy or silly gimmick program. I have not used the iPad version but it looks similar to the desktop program.
Oh this is great. Thank you so much. I will definitely try this out!!
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

bazookash wrote:
neonnoodle wrote:Here's another option, from a small independent company (DigiCel) that does great work!

Oh this is great. Thank you so much. I will definitely try this out!!
Because there is no TVPaint on iPad , another application you may want to try is called "Rough Animator" -

http://roughanimator.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is a good tutorial on how to use it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBW76iyleNs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

bazookash wrote:
Yes, I've been using Astropad too, but there are few things I am not happy with...

thank you!!
I'm curious : what did you not like about Astropad ? I don't even own an iPad (yet) , but the possibilities to use an iPad with Mac applications like TVPaint or the full version of Photoshop is intriguing to me.

bazookash

Post by bazookash »

D.T. Nethery wrote:
bazookash wrote:

thank you!!
I'm curious : what did you not like about Astropad ? I don't even own an iPad (yet) , but the possibilities to use an iPad with Mac applications like TVPaint or the full version of Photoshop is intriguing to me.

Nothing critical.
I have big Cintiq in my room, so Astropad was not my option for 'walk around workstation'.
Astropad is pretty good. But, of course it is not sensitive as Cintiq (speed wise). And you have to carry laptop with you if you want to use it outside.
SYoung

Post by SYoung »

Re: using TVPaint with an iPad Pro, I used the Astropad app.
It was my first experience working with TVPaint and I needed a portable system, so I linked via Astropad with iPad Pro and Apple pencil and it worked very well. I had to use a USB connection rather than wireless, but that was probably related to the rubbish internet where I was. Maybe with a good internet connection, using Astropad could be an interesting solution?

SusanY
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

A video of a Japanese animator using Astropad :